Simulation in Healthcare Education Certificate of Professional Preparation
For Fall Term 2021, we are offering in-person, hybrid, remote and online courses.
For more information, view class types.
Traditional face-to-face classes held on campus on set days and times. Masks/cloth face coverings and other precautions are strongly recommended.
Educational simulation is a growing trend in the healthcare field. This program provides students with mannequin-based and computer-based simulations that allow them to test multiple scenarios to ready them for clinical settings, all while preparing them for a healthcare-based career.
Getting Started: Spring Term 2022
Sept. 30: Financial Aid
Jan. 3: Application
Jan. 10: Classes Begin
Why Seminole State?
- Outstanding reputation: Seminole State has a proven track record of preparing healthcare graduates for success.
- Industry-driven curriculum: Courses were developed with input from the regional business community and economic development agencies.
- Dedicated faculty: Faculty are industry-focused with real-world and classroom expertise.
- Affordable tuition: Seminole State has significantly lower costs than Florida's universities.
- Health Sciences Website
- Health Sciences Bachelor of Science Information Request
- Bachelor's Degree Office
407.708.2106 (call or text)
Your tuition shouldn’t go against your intuition.
Your pursuit of higher education is admirable. So why struggle with high tuition in the process? Here we make life’s next steps affordable. Whether you’re seeking a university transfer (A.A.) degree, a four-year bachelor’s, an Associate in Science degree or even earning a post-baccalaureate certificate, you’ll find reasonable tuition and payment plans that make sense.
Go For Less.
Tuition and Fees*
|Tuition and Fees||$1,799|
|Room and Board||-0-|
|Books and Supplies||$500|
For more information on Seminole State's tuition and fees, please see the 2019-20 fee schedule.
* Tuition costs are based on 15 total credit hours for this program in the Fall 2019 and/or Spring 2020 terms for in-state students. Book expenses are estimates and may vary by course. Lab fees and other fees that may assessed at the time of registration may be viewed in the College fee schedule. As Seminole State is a commuter college with no residence halls on its campuses, costs for room and board are not calculated.
Today, medical simulation is a vital component of educational services offered to healthcare students, residents, nursing staff, ancillary health care professionals and practicing physicians throughout the world. Simulation-based medical education offers a consistent clinical learning experience without risk to patients. It also offers a psychologically safe and supportive learning environment for the student/trainee. Creating such learning environments requires a specialized skill set. Therefore, the demand for improved and expanded educator skills is needed to improve simulation-based learning. This need creates a demand for specialized courses and programs in simulation-based education based in the framework of health professions.
There are approximately 47 simulation centers in colleges, universities and hospitals around the state of Florida. Each of these facilities requires trained content and technology experts to develop, execute and evaluate comprehensive simulation education programs. This certificate will provide current practitioners an opportunity to expand their knowledge to support their organization’s simulation-based medical education program.
This program will prepare the certificate holder for simulation management positions at hospitals, government and military agencies, universities and colleges, and rehabilitation agencies.
- Simulation Operations Manager
- Learning Resource Director
- Simulation Lab Specialist
- Patient Simulation Technician
- Simulation Technology Specialist
Educational institutions and hospitals have increased the number of simulation labs dramatically. This occupation is included within the Medical and Health Services Manager occupation title with a projected 17% increase from 2014-24. Medical simulation specialist salaries range from $55,000 to $72,000 per year. Source: Salary List