Sustainability Technical Certificate
Do you enjoy living the green lifestyle and want to help others do the same? Mold your technical literacy with alternative energy sources and sustainable practices and help businesses use or create alternative energy sources and master emerging technologies. In this certificate program, you’ll design and create a final capstone project customized to your program of focus.
Getting Started: Spring 2020
Nov. 1: Financial Aid
Jan. 3: Application
Jan. 8: Classes Begin
Why Seminole State?
- Dedicated faculty: Faculty are "scholar-practitioners" with industry experience as well as academic credentials.
- Affordable tuition: Seminole State has significantly lower costs than Florida's universities.
- Industry involvement: Our industry-focused certificate programs offer excellent connections to Central Florida employers.
- Hands-on experience: Practical, hands-on learning experiences prepare students to apply their knowledge to real-world situations.
- Continuing education: Many credits earned in certificate programs can be applied toward an Associate in Science (A.S.) or bachelor's degree at Seminole State.
- Career advancement: Graduates are prepared for immediate entry into the workforce upon certificate completion.
Sustainability Technical Certificate
Type: Tech Cert
Major Code : ENRG-CC
Educational Pathway: ENRG-CC
Business and industry are witnessing a growing demand for candidates with technical literacy in alternative energy sources and sustainable practices. The Sustainability Certificate program at Seminole State introduces students to emerging technologies related to energy production and consumption via a curriculum designed to integrate a broad spectrum of topics applicable to future green jobs.
This program features a multi-faceted core curriculum focused on sustainability, alternative energy sources and environmental policy in the United States. Additional elective courses give students the opportunity to customize their knowledge base with hands-on lab work and real-world applications.
Choose courses from the following list or any required courses not already taken:
Students can take one of the courses listed below as one of their elective options:
Textbook information will be available online for each term's courses 45 days prior to the first day of classes for the term.
Each course offered by Seminole State is listed alphabetically and organized by the course prefix, catalog number and description. The courses in this catalog are identified by prefixes and numbers that were assigned by Florida's Statewide Course Numbering System, a system used by all public postsecondary institutions in Florida and 32 non-public institutions. Seminole State controls the description, credit and content of its own courses.
Your tuition shouldn’t go against your intuition.
Your pursuit of higher education is admirable. So why struggle with high tuition in the process? Here we make life’s next steps affordable. Whether you’re seeking a university transfer (A.A.) degree, a four-year bachelor’s, an Associate in Science degree or even earning a technical certificate, you’ll find reasonable tuition and payment plans that make sense. And to us, that’s scholarly.
Go For Less.
Tuition and Fees
|Technical Certificate||12 Credits||18 Credits||24 Credits||28 Credits|
|Tuition and Fees||$1,253||$1,879||$2,505||$2,923|
|Books and Supplies||$1,000||$1,ooo||$1,000||$1,000|
For more information on Seminole State's tuition and fees, please see the 2019-20 fee schedule.
* Tuition costs are based on Fall 2019 and Spring 2020 terms, with an equal number of credit hours per term for in-state students. Lab fees and other fees that may be assessed at the time of registration may be viewed in the College fee schedule. As Seminole State is a commuter college with no residence halls on its campuses, costs for room and board are not calculated.