Transient Students

Transient students are those who attend another institution but enroll at Seminole State College temporarily. For example, a university student may attend Seminole State for summer classes and return to his or her original institution in the fall.

Follow the steps below to become a transient student at Seminole State. If you have any questions regarding Seminole State's admissions process, please contact the Admissions Office. A list of transient student frequently asked questions is also available.

Your FloridaShines application will serve as your application for admission as well as your residency and transient form. Keep in mind that you will only be able to register for the classes and term you indicate on your form.

To submit a FloridaShines Transient Student Admissions Application:

  1. Visit the FloridaShines website.
  2. Read the information on the page.
  3. Then click "Start or check the status of your Transient Student Admissions Application now."
  4. Select your home institution by clicking the down arrow.
  5. Check with your home institution to determine your school ID and PIN/password.
  6. Enter the student ID and PIN/password, and click "Continue."
  7. Complete the form as indicated. You can check to see if the class(es) you want is/are offered at Seminole State in Seminole State's online course catalog.
Students of Private and Out-of-State Institutions:

If your home institution is not listed on FloridaShines because you attend a private institution or an out-of-state school, you will need to apply to the College, complete a residency affidavit and obtain a transient form from your home institution. You must bring your completed transient form to the Admissions Office before you register for classes. You may email it to or mail it to:

Seminole State College
Admissions Office
100 Weldon Boulevard
Sanford, FL 32773-6199

You have several options for applying to Seminole State College:

To verify your residency status, please download and print a Florida Residency Affidavit. The Florida Residency Affidavit determines your eligibility for in-state tuition rates and is a very important part of the application process. Residency documents must be completed and submitted before you can proceed with the Steps to Enroll.

Once your residency has been approved and you have a student id number, visit MySeminoleState online and click "Create New Student Account" in the login box. Fill in the blank fields, and click "Save." If you have questions, visit the MySeminoleState Student Help page or call 407.708.2050.

As a transient student, you will be able to register for classes on the first day of open enrollment through either the last day of the add/drop period or the first day the class meets, whichever occurs first. (Enrollment dates can be found on the College Academic Calendar.) Transient students can register online through their MySeminoleState accounts as long as the courses for which they register do not have any pre- or co-requisites. Please be aware that you are responsible for selecting and registering for the correct classes.

If the course has a prerequisite or co-requisite, or if it is more convenient for you, you may register in person at any Seminole State campus. If you register in person, print and complete a registration form with the class number and course information for the particular class(es) you wish to take. Class numbers can be found by searching for classes via your MySeminoleState account or the online course catalog.

Once you complete the registration form, bring it with you to any campus, and a staff member will help you register. If your FloridaShines form has been approved, you will not need any additional forms. If you did not use FloridaShines, you will also need to bring a transient form signed by your home institution that designates the courses you are approved to take at Seminole State.

Log in to your MySeminoleState Student Center to determine your course fees for the semester and your payment due date. You can pay your tuition and fees at any campus Cashiers/Business Office or online with your MySeminoleState account. Accepted forms of payment are: cash, debit cards, personal checks, American Express, Discover, MasterCard and Visa.

Please note: A student's financial aid cannot come to two schools at the same time. Therefore, all transients will initially need to pay for their classes out of pocket. If you qualify for aid, your home school will reimburse you after the Add/Drop Period ends. There is a place on the FloridaShines application to indicate if you have financial aid; if you do not apply via FloridaShines, please obtain a consortium agreement from your home institution's financial aid office. Then, bring the completed agreement to Seminole State's Financial Aid Office. Please direct any questions regarding financial aid to your home school.

2022-2023 College Catalog


Seminole State College
100 Weldon Boulevard
Sanford, Florida 32773-6199