State University System (SUS)
- Associate in Arts Degree: Florida Statute 1007.23 and State Board of Education Rule 6A-10.024 assure certain rights to Associate in Arts graduates and authorizes several provisions for articulation from an Associate in Science to a baccalaureate degree. Although an A.A. degree from a public Florida Community College guarantees admission to an upper division institution in the State University System, it does not guarantee acceptance to a particular university or to selected, special or limited access programs. Associate in Arts degree recipients compete for admission into these programs.
- A.S. to B.A./B.S. Career Path Degrees: There is a statewide agreement for specified A.S. programs that allow Florida community college students to transfer to any SUS institution in the program designated to articulate with their degree, except for limited access programs and those requiring specific grades on particular courses for admission. The following A.S. degrees offered at Seminole State College are part of this articulation. These articulated degrees provide a streamlined path to a bachelor's degree for students who seek immediate employment in their field of study and/or those who decide to continue their education at a Florida SUS institution to earn a bachelor's degree in the specified field.
- Business Administration (Articulated A.S. to B.A./B.S. Degree)
- Criminal Justice Technology (Articulated A.S. to B.S. Degree)
- Nursing, R.N. (Articulated A.S. to B.S. Degree)
- Florida public institutions share a common course numbering system that is mandated by F.S. 1007.24 to ease the transfer of credit between institutions. They also have common program prerequisites (F.S. 1007.25) for the same bachelor's degree program offered by different SUS institutions. When you decide on a major, it is important to find out what prerequisites are needed so that you can complete them as part of your associate degree. Common program prerequisites can be found in prerequisite manuals available at http://www.facts.org/.
Independent Colleges and Universities of Florida (ICUF)
Statewide Agreements with Private Institutions
- The Florida College System also has entered into a statewide agreement with:
University of Central Florida
Seminole State continues to develop articulation agreements with the University of Central Florida that extend beyond the statewide agreements for graduates of the A.A. and some A.S. degree programs. Agreements include:
Agreements with Private Institutions
- Agreements with Private Institutions for A.A. and A.S. graduates provide Seminole State graduates with additional opportunities to continue their educational goals and transfer the entire degree or specified credits from the A.A. or A.S. toward a bachelor's degree. Some of these agreements are with ICUF schools to extend the benefits afforded through the ICUF agreement. Others are with private institutions that are not members of ICUF.
Transfer to other institutions
- Since Seminole State College is regionally accredited, many courses should transfer to colleges and universities across the United States.