Safety and Security Mission Statement
The Campus Safety and Security Department at Seminole State College of Florida is committed to delivering quality services to the College community. Through partnerships, we are dedicated to providing a safe and secure environment that reduces crime, builds trust and enhances the quality of life in our academic community. We are also committed to delivering a high standard of customer service to our community in an effective, responsive and professional way.
The values of the Seminole State College Campus Safety and Security Department reflect those of the College and our community. We dedicate ourselves to upholding the highest standards of ethical performance to garner the trust of the community we serve.
The Seminole State College Campus Safety and Security Department will support a student-centered environment by anticipating the current and future needs of the College. We will deliver services that are professional, helpful and proactive. We will continuously look for ways to improve safety. We will document, review, and plan our services based upon the needs of an expanding institution.
- Provide a safe and secure campus by conducting frequent patrols on foot, via golf cart or vehicle and by other available means.
- Deliver quality and efficient services by timely response to calls for assistance.
- Interact with students, staff, faculty, administrators and campus visitors in a courteous and professional manner.
- Maintain professional development and training of safety and security personnel to enhance or increase skill levels.
- Develop partnerships with other College departments or community entities that will provide enhanced services to the campus community.
- Be proactive in patrolling and monitoring techniques to prevent or minimize crime.
- Support the academic pursuits of a culturally diverse community.
- Maintain and upgrade communications, alarm and security camera systems for effective security services.