Continuing Our Return to Campus
Download the Report
- Raiders Return: Spring Plan 2021
Dec. 17, 2020
- If an Employee Tests Positive for COVID-19
- Mask/Cloth Face Covering Training
- Mandatory COVID-19 Skillsoft Training
Safety Short: Coronaviruses and COVID-19
- Families First Coronavirus Response Act
- Reopening Task Force Members
- If a Student Tests Positive for COVID-19
- Emergency Assistance for Students in Need
- Orange County Residents – Help is Here: CareerSource Central Florida
- Rapid Skills Program
- Virtual Registration & Resources
Details are correct at the time of publication. Information is subject to change.
With input from faculty, staff and students and guidance from federal, state and local agencies, the College developed and implemented a plan to help us safely reopen our campuses. As we continue our phased return to campus, we are committed to protecting our College and our community and enabling students to study safely to achieve their goals.
In keeping with this commitment, we surveyed faculty, staff and thousands of students to help us formulate our plans for Spring Term 2021, which include:
- Expanding the number of classes and services on campus
- Providing a mix of learning options for students with on-campus, remote, fully online or hybrid classes
- Continuing to provide both virtual and on-campus student services and academic support
We understand that the challenges of COVID-19 still exist for our College community. We want you to know that we are here to support you and help you succeed. We continue to follow the guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Florida Department of Health (FDOH) to keep our employees and students as safe as possible and will adjust plans if necessary. Remember, we’re all in this together. GO State. GO Far.
Coronavirus (COVID-19) Information
The health of our college community is our highest priority.
Seminole State is offering a number of different learning options so students can progress safely toward their educational goals.
Traditional face-to-face classes held on campus on set days and times. Masks/cloth face coverings, social distancing and other precautions are required.
Learn fully online on your own schedule. You do not need to log in to class at a specific time, but you do need to submit assignments and complete exams as required by your instructor.
Remote classes meet virtually via live video for lectures and discussion. Students attend virtual classes on set days and times.
Hybrid classes combine online or remote video instruction with face-to-face classes on campus on specific days and times.
Seminole State Safe
While plans are in place to ensure the safety and well-being of our College community, it’s up to all of us to prevent the spread of COVID-19 and provide for a safe campus environment. Through proper handwashing and personal hygiene, wearing masks/cloth face coverings, social distancing and self-monitoring for symptoms, we can protect ourselves and others. For details on each of these safety measures and our enhanced campus cleaning and disinfecting protocols, please refer to the Raiders Return plan.