||F.S. 1001.64; FAC 6A-10.019; College Policy 1.020
|Date of Review:
||10/14; 06/15; 03/18
|Date of Revision:
||1/14; 06/15; 03/18
The purpose of the committee is to develop the initial draft of the College’s Academic Calendar.
- The committee is responsible for:
- Holding an orientation session to educate the committee regarding the following:
- the role of the committee
- the calendar development process
- relevant Florida Statutes and Florida Administrative Code rules
- faculty contract days including duty days, planning, etc.
- equal number of scheduled meeting days for all classes, i.e. fifteen (15) Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday meeting dates during a full term
- dates of breaks, holidays, events (graduation, etc.)
- payroll dates
- time required for processing grades
- dates of the College’s Summer four-day work week schedule
- other considerations brought to the committee’s attention.
- Developing a draft of the College’s Academic Calendar that shall be presented to and approved by the Board of Trustees prior to the beginning of each fiscal year.
- The membership of the committee shall consist of the following:
- Vice President, Student Affairs
- An Associate Vice President from Academic Affairs
- A Dean from Academic Affairs
- Director, Enrollment Services and Registrar
- Director, Curriculum, Credentialing and Academic Scheduling
- Associate Director, Payroll Services
- Associate Director, Student Accounting
- Manager, Human Resources Records and Reporting
- Manager, Academic Scheduling
- One faculty member from each of the following areas
- School of Academic Foundations School of Arts and Sciences
- School of Arts and Sciences
- School of Business, Health, and Public Safety
- School of Engineering, Design, and Construction.
- The UFF-Seminole Chapter President, or Vice President, or designee.
- Director, Student Financial Resources
- The Director, Enrollment Services and Registrar shall chair the committee.
- The Vice President of Student Affairs (who is a committee member) will forward the committee’s draft College Academic Calendar to Executive Team to initiate the process for eventual Board approval.
- The committee shall meet at least two times a year.
- The committee shall operate in accordance with Procedure 1.0900.
||President E. Ann McGee