Foundation awards $17K in mini-grants
Friday, January 4, 2019
Written by: Seminole State Staff
Photo: Adjunct Professor Victoria Bradley works with students in the forensic science laboratory.
The Foundation for Seminole State College's Board of Directors has announced its Fiscal Year 2019 Fall Mini-Grant awards, which will fund 15 faculty and staff projects totaling $17,876.91 in support.
The recipients are:
- Jaime Magnetico (Allied Health): $995.00 for Virtual Monitor Software
- Turi Christensen (Academic Success Center): $347.50 for Drawing Tablets for Online Tutoring Sessions
- Molly Yanni (Allied Health): $1,488.63 for Classroom Laptop Cabinets
- Christine Mckeel (Academic Success Center Science Tutoring Enhancements): $464.00 for Academic Success Center Science Tutoring Enhancements
- James Charles (Criminal Justice): $1,790.00 for Wellness Equipment Security
- Sandra Dillard (Criminal Justice): $1,122.51 for Supplies for Crime Scene/Forensics Students
- Shellie Lewis (Public Safety): $1,069.27 for Fire Academy Medical Response Kits
- Michele Cuomo (Arts and Communication): $2,000.00 for a Flamenco Del Sol Informance and Performance of Carmen
- Morgan Tracy (College Libraries): $1,000.00 to provide Textbooks on Reserve
- Richard Harmon (Fine & Performing Arts): $1,950.00 for LED Par-Zoom Lighting Instruments
- Kirk Sawyer (Engineering Technology): $1,972.00 for Robotics Equipment
- Alvin Mitchell (Adult Education Student Affairs): $578.00 for Language Translation Devices
- Douglas Anne Taylor (Architecture, Engineering & Construction): $1,000.00 for CTE pathway awareness for students
- Holly Rodwick (Interior Design): $1,000.00 for Interior Design Brochures for FTIC Recruiting
- Beverly Smith (Honors Institute): $1,100.00 for Honors Institute Open House for Students
The Foundation has now awarded $771,933.45 to support Mini-Grant requests. The Foundation's Mini-Grant Program was created to provide full-time faculty and staff with financing for projects not supported by their regular department budgets. Awards are selected by members of the Foundation Board of Directors.
There were 19 submissions this term. All funds allocated for Fall 2018 must be expended or encumbered by September 30, 2019. Additional awards are planned for the spring, with a request for applications expected to be sent campus-wide in early Spring 2019. For more information, please call Billy Osborne at 407.708.4575.
The Foundation for Seminole State College, founded in 1968, is a not-for-profit, 501(c)(3) corporation that enhances the College's programs and services through the development and management of private contributions, public grants and community partnerships. For more information, visit www.seminolestate.edu/foundation or email the Foundation directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Info provided by the Foundation.