Computers, Printing and Copying
Computer and Wireless Access
All campus library computers are Windows-based and have the Microsoft Office software suite. Visitors to the College must be logged in to a computer by a member of the library staff and can use the guest wireless network. UCF students may receive their login credentials from the UCF Office at the Sanford/Lake Mary Campus.
The login for Seminole State students to the computers and wireless network is:
- Username: your MySeminoleState username
- Password: your initials and birthday (YYMMDD) in the following format: JD950215 or Jd950215
For full instructions on accessing the wireless, download How to Connect to Seminole State's Wireless Network (Wi-Fi).
ClaroRead is installed on all library computers to assist with reading and writing including text-to-speech capabilities. Disability Support Services has created a video tutorial for using ClaroRead. In addition, the Sanford/Lake Mary library has height-adjustable computer stations in each lab.
For more information about assistive technology at Seminole State, please visit Disability Support Services.
Netbooks, Tablets and Laptops
Current Seminole State and UCF students and employees can check out devices per the following terms:
- Netbooks: 4 hour checkout, may be used outside the library
- Tablets: 4 hour checkout, may be used outside the library
- Laptops: 2 hour checkout, must be used within the library
- Overdue fine is $1 per hour, up to a max of $10
Printing, Copying, and Scanning
To print, copy and scan, you will need to use your Blue & Gold card, student ID number, or buy a visitor card. Visitor cards can be purchased for $1 at the cash loader machines at the Altamonte Springs, Oviedo, and Sanford/Lake Mary campus libraries. For instructions on adding funds to your Blue & Gold or visitor card, visit the Blue & Gold Account page.
The cost of copies and prints per page is:
- Black and white: $.10 ($.20 duplexed)
- Color: $.25 ($.50 duplexed)
Scanning is FREE for Seminole State Students