Purpose and Goals
To foster personal and professional growth among Seminole State faculty and staff by providing a learning opportunity to better understand our college and its context within higher education and the community, enabling greater effectiveness in our institution, in our community, and in their personal lives.
For the Individual:
- Foster personal and professional growth
- Better understand your personal characteristics to help you learn to "Lead From Where You Are"
- Become aware of the various components of the College and competencies for college leaders
- Receive 60 hours of Professional Development Credit
For the College:
- Create positive changes within the institution by cultivating collaboration and cooperation throughout the College
- Develop an active cohort of effective leaders who can contribute to the institutional effectiveness of the College
- Enhance the strategic capabilities of Seminole State faculty and staff
For the Community:
- Introduce College faculty and staff to other higher education and community constituents
- Develop understanding of the College's relationships with community, business and government organizations
- Enable Seminole State to lead our region in higher education, community enhancement, economic development, diversity and cultural enrichment