Health Information Technology
Attend Info Session
Learn more about Seminole State's Health Information Technology programs.
At Seminole State, you can further your education with the following health information programs:
- Associate in Science (A.S.) Degree, Health Information Technology
- College Credit Certificate, Medical Information Coder/Biller
- Associate in Arts (A.A.) Degree with prerequisite course work for a major in Health Informatics and Health Information Technology
Why Choose Seminole State?
The HIM Program at Seminole State College offers:
- An updated curriculum that prepares students for current job market demands in health information technology and management.
- Training in current regulatory requirements.
- Experienced faculty who are committed to students' success.
- Exposure to health information management technology and software for success in the electronic health record (EHR) environment.
Seminole State Advantages
- Online classes
Seminole State HIM courses are delivered online, providing flexibility and convenience for students. Online courses also minimize expenses related to travel to and from campus.
- On-campus classes
Seminole State also offers on-campus general education courses, which deliver instruction in a traditional classroom setting and provide opportunities for face-to-face interaction.
- Experienced, credentialed and committed faculty
Core HIM courses are taught by faculty credentialed by the American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA).
- Practical/workplace experience
Seminole State gives students real-world experience through required practicum experiences.
- College accreditation
Seminole State College of Florida is a regionally accredited public institution.
- Program accreditations
The A.S. degree in Health Information Technology is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation for Health Informatics and Information Management Education (CAHIIM).
- The Certificate in Medical Information Coder/Biller is approved by the AHIMA Foundation’s Professional Certificate Approval Program.