Health Information Technology
At Seminole State, you can further your education with the following health information programs:
- Associate in Arts (A.A.) Degree with prerequisite course work for a major in Health Informatics and Health Information Technology
- Associate in Science (A.S.) Degree, Health Information Technology
- College Credit Certificate, Medical Information Coder/Biller
Why Choose Seminole State?
The HIM Program at Seminole State College offers:
- An updated curriculum that prepares students for current job market demands in health information technology and management.
- Training in current regulatory requirements.
- Experienced faculty who are committed to students' success.
- Exposure to health information management technology and software for success in the electronic health record (EHR) environment.
Seminole State Advantages
Many Seminole State HIM courses are delivered online, which provides flexibility and convenience for students. Online courses also minimize expenses related to travel to and from campus.
Seminole State also offers on-campus courses, which deliver instruction in a traditional classroom setting and provide opportunities for face-to-face interaction.
Day and evening classes
Seminole State offers several evening classes, so students can still take classes if they work during the day.
Seminole State's HIM curriculum reflects the current job market demands in health information technology and management.
Experienced, credentialed and committed faculty
Core HIM courses are taught by faculty credentialed by the American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA).
Seminole State gives students real-world experience through required practicum experiences.
Seminole State College of Florida is a regionally accredited public institution.
A.S. program accreditation
The A.S. degree in Health Information Technology is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation for Health Informatics and Information Management Education (CAHIIM).