Graduation is an exciting time for the Seminole State community, and we are proud to recognize and celebrate our graduates’ academic achievements.
If you are planning to attend the Fall 2021 graduation in December, please review the information below.
All graduates are required to wear official Seminole State regalia. Hoods are provided to baccalaureate degree graduates, and the color represents the graduate's program of study.
Professional attire and appropriate footwear is strongly recommended. The College reserves the right to request that graduates change inappropriate attire before being allowed to participate in the graduation.
Regalia will be distributed to graduates on the day of the event while they remain in their vehicle. Graduates will exit their vehicle in time to don their regalia before crossing the stage. College staff will be available to assist.
Graduates will be required to adhere to the College's Mask/Cloth Face Covering and Social Distancing Protocols..
Each graduate will be provided with a pre-printed reader card. When prompted during the event, graduates should hand their reader card to the announcer. The card is pre-printed with the graduate’s name and honor designation (if applicable). If a name is difficult to pronounce, graduates should clearly print the phonetic pronunciation on the card. Graduates should be prepared to assist the announcer.
The address information on the back of the reader card should be completed prior to reaching the stage. This is the address that will be used to send the proofs of photos taken at the ceremony by GradImages. The address listed is not associated with the diploma mailing.
Directions to the Sanford/Lake Mary Campus are available at seminolestate.edu/slm/directions.
There will be a limit of one vehicle per graduate. Graduates and their guests are expected to ride together in one vehicle. It is recommended that the graduate be a passenger so they may exit the vehicle quickly.
One to two weeks prior to the event date, graduates will be emailed a car line pass with their specific time slot and directions to the location on campus. Please print and place in your windshield.
Please adhere to the time slot for which you registered. Late arrivals will be accommodated if time allows, but we cannot guarantee admittance to the line.
Graduates with transportation issues should send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Graduates who require assistance accessing the stage or need a sign language interpreter must contact the Graduation Department at email@example.com to make necessary arrangements prior to the graduation.
- Transcripts that reflect the degree earned will be available approximately four to six weeks (excluding holidays and campus closings) after graduation.
- Instructions for how to request your official Seminole State transcript is available on the Enrollment Services/Registrar's website.
- Graduates will receive a complimentary diploma/certificate cover at commencement.
- Diplomas/certificates will be mailed approximately six weeks (excluding holidays and campus closings) following graduation. Diplomas/certificates are 8.5 inches by 11 inches in size.
- Diplomas/certificates will not be mailed if graduates have a restriction/hold on their record. All financial and academic obligations to the College must be satisfied before diplomas/certificates and/or official transcripts can be mailed. Please notify the Graduation Team by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org when all restrictions/holds have been cleared.
- Graduates should verify that the mailing address listed on their MySeminoleState account is the address where they would like their diploma/certificate to be mailed. If necessary, graduates should request an address change by submitting a Student Records Information Change form available at seminolestate.edu/registrar/onlineforms prior to graduation.