Graduation is an exciting time for the Seminole State community, and we are proud to recognize and celebrate our graduates’ academic achievements. Commencement is held each fall and spring.
All graduates are required to wear official Seminole State regalia. Professional attire and appropriate footwear is strongly recommended. Tassels should be worn on the right side of the cap. Graduates will be directed to move their tassels to the left during the ceremony. Hoods are provided to baccalaureate degree graduates, and the color represents the graduate’s program of study.
The College reserves the right to request that graduates change inappropriate attire before being allowed to participate in the ceremony.
It is important that each graduate bring the pre-printed reader card provided in their graduation packet. When prompted during the ceremony, graduates should hand their reader card to the announcer. The card is pre-printed with the graduate’s name and honor designation (if applicable). If a name is difficult to pronounce, graduates should clearly print the phonetic pronunciation on the card. Graduates should be prepared to assist the announcer.
The address information on the back of the reader card should be completed prior to arrival at commencement. This is the address that will be used to send the proofs of photos taken at the ceremony by GradImages. The address listed is not associated with the diploma mailing.
Tickets for the ceremony are free and provided to graduates based on the request submitted when ordering the cap and gown. Each guest, including children and infants, entering the arena is required to have a ticket for the ceremony. Please ensure that each of your guests has a ticket for admission to the Addition Financial Arena. Graduation announcements are not tickets and cannot be used for admission.
Parking for the ceremony is free for graduates and their guests with an approved parking pass placed on their car’s dashboard. Graduates and guests should park in Parking Garage D or Lot H across from the Addition Financial Arena. Signs will direct you to the parking. Guests with state disabled parking permits will be directed to park on the lower level of Parking Garage D. Each car must have a pass.
Directions to the Addition Financial Arena are available at https://www.additionfiarena.com/directions.
The Addition Financial Arena has instituted security measures for everyone entering the facility. All graduates and guests will either go through detectors, or security personnel will use a wand for screening.
Graduates who require assistance accessing the stage or need a sign language interpreter must contact the Office of Disability Support Services at firstname.lastname@example.org to make necessary arrangements prior to commencement. Wheelchairs or other walking aids are not provided by Addition Financial Arena staff.
Children at Commencement
Accommodations are not provided for children at commencement. Graduates must make arrangements for children prior to arriving. Children may not be left unattended at the Addition Financial Arena.
- Graduates will receive a complimentary diploma/certificate cover at commencement.
- Diplomas/certificates will be mailed approximately six weeks (excluding holidays and campus closings) following commencement. Diplomas/certificates are 8.5 inches by 11 inches in size.
- Diplomas/certificates will not be mailed if graduates have a restriction/hold on their record. All financial and academic obligations to the College must be satisfied before diplomas/certificates and/or official transcripts can be mailed. Please notify the Enrollment Services/Registrar’s Office by sending an email to email@example.com when all restrictions/holds have been cleared.
- Graduates should verify that the mailing address listed on their MySeminoleState account is the address where they would like their diploma/certificate to be mailed. If necessary, graduates should request an address change by submitting a Student Records Information Change form available at seminolestate.edu/registrar/onlineforms prior to the ceremony.
- Transcripts that reflect the degree earned will be available approximately four to six weeks (excluding holidays and campus closings) after the ceremony.
- Instructions for how to request your official Seminole State transcript is available on the Enrollment Services/Registrar's website.
- Transcripts will not be mailed if a graduate has a restriction/hold on their record. All financial and academic obligations to the College must be satisfied before a transcript can be sent.
- GED students must contact the GED Testing Office.