Formal Education Qualification
Formal Educational Qualification, formerly known as a Child Development Associate (CDA) Waiver, can exempt you from the CDA program requirements if you have a degree from another field.
If you have earned an Associate in Arts (A.A.) or Associate in Science (A.S.) degree or higher in any field, you qualify for this program.
- Submit a completed Seminole State College application to the Admissions Office.
- Complete the Steps to Enroll as a non-degree seeking student
- Submit official college transcripts showing degree.
Official transcripts must be sealed in an envelope from the school within the last six months.
- Complete the state-mandated 45 hours.
- If your degree falls outside the field of early childhood education, you must register and complete the following courses:
- EEC 1000: Child Growth and Development
- EEC 2200: Educational Practices in Early Childhood Education
- Must complete and document 480 hours of experience working with children ages 0-8 in a childcare setting.
If you have a degree in early childhood education, or if you have completed the required coursework and experience hours, you can download the Childcare Staff Credential Verification Application from the Department of Children and Families website.
Please note: Only hours spent in a childcare, preschool or VPK setting will count toward the 480 hours of experience requirement.