College-Credit National Early Childhood Credential
The following is the procedure candidates must follow to register for the National Child Development Accreditation (CDA) Staff Credential.
- Submit a completed Seminole State College application.
- Complete the Steps to Enrollas a career and technical student.
- Submit official High School or GED/college transcripts.
Official transcripts must be sealed in envelope from the school.
- Have completed the state-mandated 45 hours.
- Register for the courses associated with the CDA program you want to complete.
- Document at least 480 hours of experience with preschool children in a licensed childcare setting by the end of the program, as part of the portfolio development requirement.
- Students must be able to be observed, as a lead teacher, in a childcare program to complete the final assessment.
For more information or to schedule an appointment:
- Call the Early Childhood Department at 407.708.2413.
- Email the Early Childhood Education Department
The Early Childhood Department is located in room J-011 on the Sanford/Lake Mary Campus.