Career Service Employees Council
Each career service employee is a member of the council. The purpose of the CSEC is to represent career service employees at every Exchange of Views forum and to serve as the advisory body to the College's senior administration relative to concerns raised by CSEC employees or by the administration.
Mission and Purpose of the Council
The mission of Career Service Employees Council is to support the goals, mission and core values of Seminole State College by demonstrating, reinforcing and achieving the following outcomes:
- Communicate: Identify and communicate topics of interest, concerns or challenges, and work with appropriate parties to achieve resolution.
- Support: Support Career Service employees by working with them to provide information about resources that can assist them with their academic, economic and professional goals.
- Engage: Bring forward initiatives that will strengthen Career Service employee engagement and professional competence.
- Collaborate: Create networking opportunities for Career Service employees to improve collaboration, recognition and morale across departments and divisions.
Exchange of Views Forum
The Exchange of Views forum provides an opportunity to keep communication open between the College president, who serves as chair, the Executive Team and career service employees.
The Exchange of Views membership for the Career Service Employees Council includes:
- Four career service employees appointed by the council plus four Council members
- The executive vice president of Seminole State
- The vice president of Academic Affairs
- The vice president of Student Affairs
- The vice president of Information Technology and Institutional Resources
2022-23 Career Service Employees Council
Below is a list of current Career Service Employees Council members:
|Chair||Sofia McNeil||Student Services|
|Vice-Chair||Bonnie Baker||Student Services|
|Sanford/Lake Mary Campus Representative||Catherine Bartling||Student Services|
|Lee Campus at Oviedo Representative||Scott Young||Facilities|
|Altamonte Springs Campus Representative||Grace Gonzalez||Student Services|
|Heathrow Campus Representative||Nancy McLaughlin||Construction|
|Historian||Patricia (Patty) Elliott||Institutional Effectiveness & Research|
|Safety||Ethe Price||Safety and Security|
|Facilities||Matthew (Chris) Armstrong||Facilities|
CSEC members benefit from:
- Knowing their voices are heard by the administration
- Hearing speakers and attending events related to their particular interests and concerns
- Creating a committee that responds to their needs
If you have any Career Service employee-related concerns feel free to reach out to any board member or email the Career Service Employees Council at email@example.com.