For the Fall Term 2020, we are offering online and remote courses. Remote courses show a day and time, and will meet virtually via live video. A limited number of labs, math, nursing, public safety programs, performing arts, automotive, HVAC, plumbing, and some language courses will resume on campus and are notated in the course schedule.
Assessment and Testing Overview
Assessment and Testing offices are located on each Seminole State College campus. Each office can accommodate the testing needs of the campus. All exams are closely monitored using security cameras and by one or more proctors. Tests are typically delivered via computer or online. To ensure record security, students are required to provide a current, valid and original photo identification and a signature prior to taking any examination.
The Assessment and Testing offices administer all exams in compliance with state and national regulations, including adherence to policies outlined in the Americans with Disabilities Act. Students with documented disabilities such as visual, auditory and/or physical impairments may qualify for accommodations including an alternative testing environment, if prescribed by the College's Office of Disability Support Services.
For more information about the services offered by the Assessment and Testing Offices, including testing hours, test preparation (practice tests) and the refresh program, visit the Assessment and Testing website.
Comprehensive Assessment and Testing Offerings
Effective assessment and testing services are integral to student enrollment, placement and success. The Assessment and Testing offices provide the following examinations:
- Accuplacer/Computerized Placement Test (CPT)
- Automotive Service Excellence (ASE)
- Bureau of Fire Standards and Training Exams
- Castle Worldwide Examinations (e.g., health program examinations, certification for Paralegals)
- Certiport Examinations (e.g., Microsoft Office Examinations)
- College Level Examination Program (CLEP)
- Comprehensive Adult Student Assessment System (CASAS)
- Criminial Justice Basic Abilities Test (CJBAT) FDLE Criminal Justice Examination
- DANTES Subject Standardized Test (DSST)
- End of Course Examinations (EOC) and English Language Arts (ELA)
- Florida Certification Board Exams (FCB)
- Florida RV Trade Association
- Florida Standard Assessment (FSA)
- Foreign Language Achievement Testing Service (FLATS)
- General Educational Development (GED®) examination (Pearson Vue)
- Healthcare Professions Exams (Comira)
- Level of English Proficiency Exam (LOEP)
- Next Generation Sunshine State Standards (NGSSS) - EOC
- North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP)
- PearsonVue Examinations (e.g., certifications examinations)
- Postsecondary Education Readiness Test (PERT)
- Pro V
- State Officers Certification Exam (SOCE) FDLE exam (Pearson Vue)
- Test of Adult Basic Education (TABE)
- Test of Essential Academic Skills (TEAS)