Assessment and Testing Overview
The Assessment and Testing Department has offices located on each Seminole State College campus. All exams are closely monitored using security cameras and by one or more testing specialists. Most exams are delivered in person. Select are offered virtually by appointment only. To ensure test security, students are required to provide a current, valid and original photo identification and a signature prior to taking any examination.
The Assessment and Testing Department administers exams in compliance with state and national regulations, including adherence to policies outlined in the Americans with Disabilities Act. Students with documented disabilities such as visual, auditory and/or physical impairments may qualify for accommodations including an alternative testing environment, if prescribed by the College's Office of Disability Support Services.
For more information about the services offered by the Assessment and Testing Department, including testing hours, testing appointments, test preparation (practice tests) and the Postsecondary Education Readiness Test (PERT) Diagnostic program, visit the Assessment and Testing website.
Comprehensive Assessment and Testing Offerings
Effective assessment and testing services are integral to student enrollment, placement and success. The Assessment and Testing Department provides the following examinations:
- American Institute of Constructors (AIC)
- Automotive Service Excellence (ASE)
- Bureau of Fire Standards and Training Exams (Pearson Vue)
- Certiport Examinations (e.g., Microsoft Office Examinations)
- College Level Examination Program (CLEP)
- Comprehensive Adult Student Assessment System (CASAS/CASAS GOALS)
- DANTES Subject Standardized Test (DSST)
- Florida Certification Board Exams (FCB)
- Florida Civic Literacy Assessment (FCLE)
- Foreign Language Achievement Testing Service (FLATS)
- General Educational Development (GED®) examination (Pearson Vue)
- Level of English Proficiency Exam (LOEP)
- Meazure Learning
- National Association of Legal Assistants (NALA)
- Pearson Vue Examinations (e.g., certifications examinations)
- Postsecondary Education Readiness Test (PERT)
- State Officers Certification Exam (SOCE) FDLE exam (Pearson Vue)
- Test of Essential Academic Skills (TEAS)