Graduation Requirements for Baccalaureate Degree Students
Seminole State College baccalaureate degree candidates must satisfy these institutional and degree requirements:
- Complete a minimum 120 credits or as designated by program academic hours with a grade point average (GPA) of 2.0 excluding courses designated by an asterisk (*) in the course description section of this catalog (college preparatory level courses, technical non-transfer and vocational level courses).
- Complete at least 25 percent of the total degree requirements at Seminole State College (e.g., a 120 semester-hour degree requires at least 30 semester hours completed at Seminole State College).
- Students must be enrolled in coursework at Seminole State during the semester of graduation.
- Achieve a Seminole State College GPA of 2.0 ("C") or higher.
- Complete any required capstone courses with a grade of "C" or higher.
- Successfully complete or satisfy Seminole State's General Education requirements (with a grade of "C" or higher) including the following:
- Six semester hours of Gordon Rule English coursework.
- Six semester hours of additional Gordon Rule coursework in which the student is required to demonstrate college-level writing skills through multiple assignments.
- Six semester hours of Gordon Rule mathematics coursework at the level of college algebra or higher.
Note: Seminole State requires that students satisfy the Gordon Rule by successfully completing General Education coursework in English, humanities, social sciences and history, as well as a mathematics course.
- Students awarded an Associate in Arts degree, baccalaureate degree or who have official transcripts documenting "General Education Requirements Met" from a Florida College System or Florida State University System degree-granting institution shall be considered to have satisfied Seminole State's General Education requirements.
- Students awarded a baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited institution shall be considered to have satisfied Seminole State's General Education requirements.
- Demonstrate foreign language proficiency (at the intermediate level) equivalent to 2 years in high school or a sequence of 2 college credit courses in a single language. A standardized examination for foreign language may be used to meet the requirement. Students who have previously received a baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited institution are exempt from this requirement.
- Have on file in the Records and Registration Office official transcripts of all college work previously taken at other colleges or universities.
- File an Intent to graduate form in the Records and Registration Office by the published deadline date on the College academic calendar.
- Pay all fees and discharge all other obligations to the complete satisfaction of the College.
- The student is not eligible for graduation until all grades of "I" have been removed from the academic record.
- It is the student's sole responsibility to ensure that his/her program plan is correct and current for the semester that he/she graduates. The College will not automatically change the student's program plan if it is not accurate, so we encourage students to meet with a baccalaureate student success specialist prior to the start of his/her final term of enrollment.