For the Fall Term 2020, we are offering online and remote courses. Remote courses show a day and time, and will meet virtually via live video. A limited number of labs, math, nursing, public safety programs, performing arts, automotive, HVAC, plumbing, and some language courses will resume on campus and are notated in the course schedule.
Graduation Requirements for Baccalaureate Degree Students
Seminole State College baccalaureate degree candidates must satisfy these institutional and degree requirements:
- Complete a minimum 120 credits or as designated by program academic hours with a grade point average (GPA) of 2.0 excluding courses designated by an asterisk (*) in the course description section of this catalog (college preparatory level courses, technical non-transfer and vocational level courses).
- Complete at least 25 percent of the total degree requirements at Seminole State College (e.g., a 120 semester-hour degree requires at least 30 semester hours completed at Seminole State College).
- Students must be enrolled in coursework at Seminole State during the semester of graduation.
- Achieve a Seminole State College GPA of 2.0 ("C") or higher.
- Complete any required capstone courses with a grade of "C" or higher.
- Successfully complete or satisfy Seminole State's General Education requirements (with a grade of "C" or higher) including the following:
- Six semester hours of Gordon Rule English coursework.
- Six semester hours of additional Gordon Rule coursework in which the student is required to demonstrate college-level writing skills through multiple assignments.
- Six semester hours of Gordon Rule mathematics coursework at the level of college algebra or higher.
Note: Seminole State requires that students satisfy the Gordon Rule by successfully completing General Education coursework in English, humanities, social sciences and history, as well as a mathematics course.
- Students awarded an Associate in Arts degree, baccalaureate degree or who have official transcripts documenting "General Education Requirements Met" from a Florida College System or Florida State University System degree-granting institution shall be considered to have satisfied Seminole State's General Education requirements.
- Students awarded a baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited institution shall be considered to have satisfied Seminole State's General Education requirements.
- Demonstrate foreign language proficiency (at the intermediate level) equivalent to 2 years in high school or a sequence of 2 college credit courses in a single language. A standardized examination for foreign language may be used to meet the requirement. Students who have previously received a baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited institution are exempt from this requirement.
- Have on file in the Records and Registration Office official transcripts of all college work previously taken at other colleges or universities.
- File an Intent to graduate form in the Records and Registration Office by the published deadline date on the College academic calendar.
- Pay all fees and discharge all other obligations to the complete satisfaction of the College.
- The student is not eligible for graduation until all grades of "I" have been removed from the academic record.
- It is the student's sole responsibility to ensure that his/her program plan is correct and current for the semester that he/she graduates. The College will not automatically change the student's program plan if it is not accurate, so we encourage students to meet with a baccalaureate student success specialist prior to the start of his/her final term of enrollment.