Health Coaching and Human Performance
You’re passionate about health and fitness and want to take your passion and make it your career. As a health coach, you will educate clients and coach them to their peak performance. With a curriculum designed to increase health knowledge and empower students, you will learn to encourage others to adopt a healthy lifestyle and improve their quality of life.
Getting Started: Fall Term 2021
June 14: Financial Aid
Aug. 16: Application
Aug. 23: Classes Begin
Why Seminole State?
- Outstanding reputation: Seminole State has a proven track record of preparing healthcare graduates for success.
- Industry-driven curriculum: Courses were developed with input from the regional business community and economic development agencies.
- Dedicated faculty: Faculty are industry-focused with real-world and classroom expertise.
- Affordable tuition: Seminole State has significantly lower costs than Florida's universities.
Your tuition shouldn’t go against your intuition.
Your pursuit of higher education is admirable. So why struggle with high tuition in the process? Here we make life’s next steps affordable. Whether you’re seeking a university transfer (A.A.) degree, a four-year bachelor’s, an Associate in Science degree or even earning a post-baccalaureate certificate, you’ll find reasonable tuition and payment plans that make sense.
Go For Less.
Tuition and Fees*
|Tuition and Fees||$1,799|
|Room and Board||-0-|
|Books and Supplies||$500|
For more information on Seminole State's tuition and fees, please see the 2019-20 fee schedule.
* Tuition costs are based on 15 total credit hours for this program in the Fall 2019 and/or Spring 2020 terms for in-state students. Book expenses are estimates and may vary by course. Lab fees and other fees that may assessed at the time of registration may be viewed in the College fee schedule. As Seminole State is a commuter college with no residence halls on its campuses, costs for room and board are not calculated.
Health coaches promote wellness through the development and implementation of strategies to improve the health of individuals and communities. Health coaches work in hospitals, nonprofit organizations, government, physician’s offices, private businesses and colleges. As more employers, health insurance companies and communities focus on disease prevention to reduce healthcare costs, there will be an increased need for trained health coaches to meet the need.
This program will prepare the certificate holder for health coaching and wellness positions at wellness centers, employee health clinics, hospitals, home care organizations and physician offices.
- Health Coach
- Health Educator
- Wellness Coordinator
- Personal Trainer
- Community Health Worker
- Nutrition Specialist
Employment of health coaches and educators is projected to grow 21% from 2012 to 2022, faster than the average for all occupations. Growth will be driven by efforts to improve health outcomes and to reduce healthcare costs by teaching people about healthy habits and behaviors and utilization of available health care services. National Employer Data indicates the average health coach salary range is between $38,879 and $60,565.