Health Coaching and Human Performance
For the Fall Term 2020, we are offering online and remote courses. Remote courses show a day and time, and will meet virtually via live video. A limited number of labs, math, nursing, public safety programs, performing arts, automotive, HVAC, plumbing, and some language courses will resume on campus and are notated in the course schedule.
You’re passionate about health and fitness and want to take your passion and make it your career. As a health coach, you will educate clients and coach them to their peak performance. With a curriculum designed to increase health knowledge and empower students, you will learn to encourage others to adopt a healthy lifestyle and improve their quality of life.
Getting Started: Fall 2020
June 8: Financial Aid
Aug. 17: Application
Aug. 24: Classes Begin
Health Coaching and Human Performance Certificate of Professional Preparation
Type: BACC CPP
Major Code : HCHP-BC
The Health Coaching and Human Performance Certificate Program prepares bachelor-degree holding students for careers in the growing field of wellness professionals. Companies are seeing wellness as an investment toward decreasing health care costs. Prevention-based health coaching models are being implemented to help patients manage chronic diseases and prevent disease occurrence. Health coaches promote wellness through the development and implementation of strategies to improve the health of individuals and communities. Health coaches work in hospitals, non-profit organizations, government, physical's offices, private businesses, fitness organizations and colleges.
Prerequisite: Baccalaureate degree from a regionally-accredited institution.
Choose 1 course from the list below:
Choose 1 course from the list below:
Textbook information will be available online for each term's courses 45 days prior to the first day of classes for the term.
Each course offered by Seminole State is listed alphabetically and organized by the course prefix, catalog number and description. The courses in this catalog are identified by prefixes and numbers that were assigned by Florida's Statewide Course Numbering System, a system used by all public postsecondary institutions in Florida and 32 non-public institutions. Seminole State controls the description, credit and content of its own courses.
Your tuition shouldn’t go against your intuition.
Your pursuit of higher education is admirable. So why struggle with high tuition in the process? Here we make life’s next steps affordable. Whether you’re seeking a university transfer (A.A.) degree, a four-year bachelor’s, an Associate in Science degree or even earning a post-baccalaureate certificate, you’ll find reasonable tuition and payment plans that make sense.
Go For Less.
Tuition and Fees*
|Tuition and Fees||$1,799|
|Room and Board||-0-|
|Books and Supplies||$500|
For more information on Seminole State's tuition and fees, please see the 2019-20 fee schedule.
* Tuition costs are based on 15 total credit hours for this program in the Fall 2019 and/or Spring 2020 terms for in-state students. Book expenses are estimates and may vary by course. Lab fees and other fees that may assessed at the time of registration may be viewed in the College fee schedule. As Seminole State is a commuter college with no residence halls on its campuses, costs for room and board are not calculated.
Why Seminole State?
- Outstanding reputation: Seminole State has a proven track record of preparing healthcare graduates for success.
- Industry-driven curriculum: Courses were developed with input from the regional business community and economic development agencies.
- Dedicated faculty: Faculty are industry-focused with real-world and classroom expertise.
- Affordable tuition: Seminole State has significantly lower costs than Florida's universities.