Campus Emergency Text Messaging System
Students, faculty and staff are strongly encouraged to sign up for emergency texting from Seminole State College. The system sends simultaneous messages to all registered text-message capable phones, PDAs and e-mail addresses to alert registrants of information critical to their safety and well-being.
This emergency messaging capability is a subset of Alert Seminole -- Seminole County's free official instant messaging alert system.
To sign up to receive any emergency text messages from Seminole State:
- Go to Alert Seminole's website.
- Click the "Register" button.
- Complete the requested information, including how you wish to be notified (select a phone for text messaging) and what you wish to be notified about (weather and/or other emergencies).
- Select "Seminole State College" as the group near the bottom of this page.
- Click "continue" to select additional options or to complete the enrollment process.
Once you have finished, you should receive any requested emergency information from Seminole County or any Seminole State emergency text messages regarding a serious emergency at any or all College site(s).
Important! If you have already signed up, please revisit the Alert Seminole website and ensure that your e-mail address is accurately listed as "seminolestate.edu." This will ensure continued receipt of emergency information via text messaging and e-mail. You can make any changes needed by editing your profile and your e-mail address listed under "devices." You can even send a test alert to make certain you are properly receiving messages.