Current Adult High School Students
Seminole State continues to follow state and county guidelines for social distancing and other measures to minimize the spread of the novel coronavirus. The Adult High School will offer only online classes during Spring Term 2021.
Need help with registration?
Reach out to an advisor! Email us now. You can also call or text 407.708.2153. You will receive a response as soon as possible during normal business hours.
Please follow the steps below to register if you have taken classes within the past three semesters.
- Use your Seminole State Email to notify the Adult Education Student Servicesteam that you wish to register for Fall Term classes. See the links below for more information about your email account.
- Wait for your advisor to reply with suggested courses and a registration form.
- Download the registration form. Please note that if you try to fill it out without downloading it first you may accidentally submit a blank form.
- Complete the registration form with your chosen courses. Make sure to complete all pages and include up-to-date contact information. Sign with a pen or type your signature. We can accept typed signatures even though the form says “ink only.”
- Save the completed form before you send it (or choose Print > PDF if you are filling out the form in a web browser).
- Use your Seminole State Email again to send the completed registration form back to the Adult Education Student Services team.
Pay for Classes
You will be registered in classes after the Adult Education Student Services team receives your completed registration form. An advisor will reply to your Seminole State Email with a copy of your schedule. The schedule serves as confirmation that you have been registered. It also shows your fee payment deadline.
Pay the $30 fee through your MySeminoleState Student Center before the deadline to avoid being dropped from your classes. See the links below for more information.
- Video walk through for paying fees
- PDF of presentation slides
- MySeminoleState student help page
- Seminole State Cashiers/Student Accounting page
Complete Mandatory Virtual Orientation
Complete the mandatory virtual orientation via Zoom on Monday, January 11, 2021, at 7:00 p.m. You do not need to use a webcam to attend or create a Zoom account. Here’s a quick video that shows you how to join a Zoom meeting from your browser without installing Zoom.
- Join by clicking this Zoom Virtual Orientation link or by calling 646.558.8656.
- Meeting ID: 926 0282 7686
- Password: z5zUpi
The virtual orientation will include:
- A meet-&-greet time with your instructors
- A refresher for navigating your classes in Canvas
- A review of the policies and procedures for the Adult High School, including the AHS Online Student Contract
Contact the Secondary Studies Coordinator, Jane Hudson, by sending an email or calling 407.708.2454 for more information about the virtual orientation.
Complete Academic Activity Requirement
You must complete an academic activity for each class before the W4 withdrawal date listed in the Academic Foundations Calendar or you will be withdrawn as a “No Show.” Signing into the class does not count as an academic activity.
Plan for Success
Online classes are a great alternative to on campus classes while campuses remain closed. Successful online students have these things in common:
- Reliable Internet access.
- A device such as a desktop PC, laptop, or tablet. Mobile phones are not recommended for online classes.
- Time management skills, motivation and self-discipline. You should be logging in 3-4 times a week to view announcements and email messages. Use your class syllabus and pacing chart to keep track of your assignment and test dates.
- A proactive approach. If you need help to understand your lessons or assignments, schedule a phone or video appointment with your instructor.
- Updated contact information. There may be times when we need to reach out to discuss something related to testing or graduation. Please make sure we can reach you.
- Check your Seminole State Email regularly. It helps to download the Outlook app from the Apple App Store or Google Play Store. Once the app downloads, follow the onscreen prompts to set up your student email and enable push notifications so that you do not miss an important email.
- Update your phone number and address in your MySeminoleState account when you get a new phone or move.
- Opt-in for text notifications for quick reminders.
Rest assured that faculty and staff are available to help you stay on track with your education and achieve your academic and career goals. Feel free to email., call, or text us at 407.708.2153 if you have any questions, and we will walk you through the process.