Current Adult High School Students
Adult High School Sunsetting
The Adult High School program at Seminole State College is in the process of sunsetting and will officially end after Summer 2022. Summer 2021 students who completed their classes may re-register with the Adult Education Student Services office to continue classes in Fall 2021. Advisors are available on the Sanford/Lake Mary campus in building B, room 113 from 8:30 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. Monday through Thursday. For remote assistance, please email Adult Education Student Services or call or text 407.708.2153 to get started.
The Adult High School will continue to offer online classes during Fall Term 2021. However, Student Affairs staff are now available for in-person registration and payment help at the Sanford/Lake Mary campus in building B, room 113. No appointment is necessary. Drop by during our regular business hours, Monday-Thursday 8:30 a.m.-6:00 p.m. In addition, all student services are still available virtually Monday-Friday if you choose not to come to campus. Feel free to email, call, or text us at 407.708.2153 if you have any questions about the steps below, and we will walk you through the process.
If you do not wish to register on campus, please follow the steps below to register remotely.
- Use your Seminole State Email to notify the Adult Education Student Servicesteam that you wish to register for Fall Term classes. See the links below for more information about your email account.
- Wait for your advisor to reply with suggested courses and a registration form.
- Download the registration form. Please note that if you try to fill it out without downloading it first you may accidentally submit a blank form.
- Complete the registration form with your chosen courses. Make sure to complete all pages and include up-to-date contact information. Sign with a pen or type your signature. We can accept typed signatures even though the form says “ink only.”
- Save the completed form before you send it (or choose Print > PDF if you are filling out the form in a web browser).
- Use your Seminole State Email again to send the completed registration form back to the Adult Education Student Services team.
Pay for Classes
You will be registered in classes after the Adult Education Student Services team receives your completed registration form. An advisor will reply to your Seminole State Email with a copy of your schedule. The schedule serves as confirmation that you have been registered. It also shows your fee payment deadline.
Pay the $30 fee through your MySeminoleState Student Center before the deadline to avoid being dropped from your classes. See the links below for more information.
- Video walk through for paying fees
- PDF of presentation slides
- MySeminoleState student help page
- Seminole State Cashiers/Student Accounting page
Complete Mandatory Virtual Orientation
Complete the mandatory virtual orientation via Zoom on Monday, August 23, 2021, at 7 p.m. You do not need to use a webcam to attend or create a Zoom account. Here’s a quick video that shows you how to join a Zoom meeting from your browser without installing Zoom.
- Join the Zoom Virtual Orientation from your computer or
by phone and call 646.558.8656.
- Meeting ID: 970 2059 4938
- Password: 551546
The virtual orientation will include:
- A meet-&-greet time with your instructors
- A tutorial for navigating your classes in Canvas and submitting assignments
- Updates, policies, and support services for Adult Ed
Contact your Adult Ed. Transition Advisor, Roxanne Caloza, by sending an email or calling 407.708.2629 for more information about the virtual orientation.
Complete Academic Activity Requirement
You must complete an academic activity for each class before the W4 withdrawal date listed in the Academic Foundations Calendar or you will be withdrawn as a “No Show.” Signing into the class does not count as an academic activity.
Plan for Success
Online classes are a great alternative to on campus classes while campuses remain closed. Successful online students have these things in common:
- Reliable Internet access.
- A device such as a desktop PC, laptop, or tablet. Mobile phones are not recommended for online classes.
- Time management skills, motivation and self-discipline. You should be logging in 3-4 times a week to view announcements and email messages. Use your class syllabus and pacing chart to keep track of your assignment and test dates.
- A proactive approach. If you need help to understand your lessons or assignments, schedule a phone or video appointment with your instructor.
- Updated contact information. There may be times when we need to reach out to discuss something related to testing or graduation. Please make sure we can reach you.
- Check your Seminole State Email regularly. It helps to download the Outlook app from the Apple App Store or Google Play Store. Once the app downloads, follow the onscreen prompts to set up your student email and enable push notifications so that you do not miss an important email.
- Update your phone number and address in your MySeminoleState account when you get a new phone or move.
- Opt-in for text notifications for quick reminders.
Rest assured that faculty and staff are available to help you stay on track with your education and achieve your academic and career goals. Feel free to email., call, or text us at 407.708.2153 if you have any questions, and we will walk you through the process.