Due to the coronavirus pandemic and based on guidance from the Florida Department of Education, all Seminole State College campuses and physical facilities are closed to students until further notice. All Fall 2020 classes have been moved to a virtual/online format while faculty and staff work remotely. We will update this website when a timeline is in place to reopen campus services and in-person classes. Even with all the rapid changes going on, know that we are here for you.
Let's get back on track!
Let us help you get back on track with your education and career goals! Seminole State College's School of Academic Foundations provides practical instruction for adults who are seeking basic academic skills, a high school diploma, GED® Prep courses, personal enrichment and skill building.
Workforce Jumpstart - New for Fall 2020
Are you interested in pursuing an in-demand trade while working towards your high school diploma? If so, would you like some free money to help pay for that training? Beginning in Fall 2020, as part of a Workforce Jumpstart initiative, Duke Energy is providing grant funding for our adult education students to help them get a head start on their careers. Students will have a significant portion of their tuition, fees and books paid for as they begin their pursuit of a trade. Participating fast-track programs include:
Contact Workforce Education Director, Dr. Taylor, by email or call 407.708.2405 for more information about this exciting new opportunity!
High School Diploma Pathways
- GED® Prep Pathway: Admissions information, current student registration, the GED® test, diplomas/transcripts
- Adult High School Pathway: Admissions information, current student registration, graduation requirements, scholarships
English Language Studies
- English Language Studies Website
- English for Academic Purposes (EAP): A tuition-based English program for higher education
- English for Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL): English classes for U.S. citizens, permanent U.S. residents and refugees
- English Language Institute: A tuition-based English program for international students with student visas
- Literacy Learning Partners Volunteer Tutors: Assistance to help individuals meet educational goals