Coronavirus Update as of 11/23/20
Student Affairs staff are now available for in-person application, registration and payment help at our three campuses: Altamonte Springs, Oviedo and Sanford/Lake Mary. No appointment is necessary, drop by during our regular business hours: M-Th 8:30 a.m.-6 p.m. and Fridays 8:30 a.m.-4 p.m. All student services are still available virtually if you choose not to come to campus. Along with our continuing online class options, limited in-person classes for Spring 2021 are now available for some programs. Please contact us or visit our Reopening website for more details.
Let's get back on track!
Let us help you get back on track with your education and career goals! Seminole State College's School of Academic Foundations provides practical instruction for adults who are seeking basic academic skills, a high school diploma, GED® Prep courses, personal enrichment and skill building.
Workforce Jumpstart - Get $$$ for Education
Are you interested in pursuing an in-demand trade while working towards your high school diploma? If so, would you like some free money to help pay for that training? As part of a Workforce Jumpstart initiative, Duke Energy is providing grant funding for our adult education students to help them get a head start on their careers. Students will have a significant portion of their tuition, fees and books paid for as they begin their pursuit of a trade. Participating fast-track programs include:
Contact Workforce Education Director, Dr. Taylor, by email or call 407.708.2405 for more information about this exciting new opportunity!
High School Diploma Pathways
- GED® Prep Pathway: Admissions information, current student registration, the GED® test, diplomas/transcripts
- Adult High School Pathway: Admissions information, current student registration, graduation requirements, scholarships
English Language Studies
- English Language Studies Website
- English for Academic Purposes (EAP): A tuition-based English program for higher education
- English for Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL): English classes for U.S. citizens, permanent U.S. residents and refugees
- English Language Institute: A tuition-based English program for international students with student visas
- Literacy Learning Partners Volunteer Tutors: Assistance to help individuals meet educational goals