Student Services staff are now available for in-person application, registration and payment help at our three campuses: Altamonte Springs, Lee Campus at Oviedo, and Sanford/Lake Mary. No appointment is necessary, drop by during our business hours: M-Th 8:30 a.m.-6 p.m and Fridays 8:30 a.m.-4 p.m. Student services are also available by email if you choose not to come to campus.
Let's get back on track!
Let us help you get back on track with your education and career goals! Seminole State College's Center for Adult & Workforce Education provides practical instruction for adults who are seeking basic academic skills, a high school diploma, GED® Prep courses, personal enrichment and skill building.
High School Diploma Pathway
- GED® Prep Pathway: Admissions information, current student registration, the GED® test, diplomas/transcripts.
English Language Studies
- English Language Studies Website
- English for Academic Purposes (EAP): A tuition-based English program for higher education
- English for Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL): English classes for U.S. citizens, permanent U.S. residents and refugees
- English Language Institute: A tuition-based English program for international students with student visas
- Literacy Learning Partners Volunteer Tutors: Assistance to help individuals meet educational goals
Workforce Jumpstart - Get $$$ for Education
Are you interested in pursuing an in-demand trade while working towards your GED® ? As part of our Workforce Jumpstart initiative, Duke Energy is providing grant funding for our adult education students to help them get a head start on their careers. Participating students will have a significant portion of their tuition, fees and books paid for as they begin their pursuit of a trade. Fast-track programs include:
- Building Trades Technology
- Electrician Helper
- HVAC (Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning)