English Language Institute
Seminole State College's English Language Institute (ELI) is an intensive language program for international students whose native language is not English. The non-credit program focuses on improving English skills and preparing students to continue their education at the college level. Seminole State College is located in Central Florida near Orlando.
The ELI provides excellence in language instruction through our unique combination of strong academic curriculum and a friendly, welcoming environment.
- Six levels of English from beginner to advanced
- Core academic courses in speaking, listening, reading, writing and grammar
- Elective courses on a variety of fun and useful topics
- Educational class trips to state parks, museums, historic areas and local businesses
- Qualified, friendly faculty experienced in teaching English at all levels
- The latest materials, technology and techniques
- Personal academic advising with free tutoring and career guidance
- Diverse student population representing countries from all over the world
- Ideal location near Florida's tourist attractions and beaches
- Spectacular, warm and sunny weather all year
The English Language Institute costs $2,800.00 U.S. per level (for one complete 15-week term). Payment for the complete term is required in full at the time of registration. Price is subject to change.
Location of Classes
The Sanford/Lake Mary Campus is home to dozens of programs, including the English Language Institute. The campus also features key cultural centers, like the Center for Fine & Performing Arts and the Emil Buehler Perpetual Trust Plantarium. It also serves as the College's intercollegiate athletics hub.
Application for Admission
You are eligible for admission* to the English Language Institute if you:
- Are 16 years of age or older
- Can obtain a student visa (F-1)
*Acceptance to the English Language Institute is not an admission to college-credit classes at Seminole State College.
To complete the required documents for your application to Seminole State College, please visit the application webpage. Send all completed forms and documents to:
You are responsible for providing your housing while at the English Language Institute. Seminole State College does not offer housing provisions for its students. There are free public services available to help you find rental apartments in the area. A two-bedroom apartment generally costs between $730 and $1,100 per month.
Please visit our housing webpage for information about homestays.
Public transportation in the Orlando area is very limited. If you do not own a car, you should inquire about bus routes to the College and other service areas before selecting housing. You must provide your own means of transportation. A used automobile generally costs between $2,500 and $4,000. In the state of Florida, you are required to purchase automobile insurance.