Seminole State College's Sanford/Lake Mary Campus is centrally located in Seminole County on 280 acres. The campus features more than 840,000 square feet of well-equipped learning facilities to empower students as they earn their degree.
Studying at Seminole State prepares students to continue their education at the college or university of their choice, with more than 40 degrees that are completely transferable to state universities. Seminole State also offers classes to prepare students for a number of careers, including high-tech programs for those who wish to work in today's rapidly changing business and information technology environments.
Highlights of the Sanford/Lake Mary Campus include:
- The Partnership Center: The new $30 million Partnership Center houses classrooms, laboratories, faculty offices and student services for Seminole State and the University of Central Florida. It also includes a 33,000-square-foot library.
- The Center for Public Safety: The Center for Public Safety puts Seminole State's Criminal Justice, Fire Science and Emergency Medical Services programs under one roof. To create the $17.6 million facility, two existing buildings (I and K) were completely renovated, and a new administrative wing was added to connect them. The Center opened in August 2009.
- The CFADA Professional Automotive Training Center: Automotive technology is constantly evolving, and the demand for highly trained technicians is rising. To meet this demand, Seminole State — in partnership with the Central Florida Auto Dealers Association — opened the 55,000-square-foot Professional Automotive Training Center in early 2007. Here, students can earn an A.S. degree while gaining valuable hands-on experience for a successful career in the automotive industry.
- The Art & Phyllis Grindle Honors Institute: The Art & Phyllis Grindle Honors Institute at the Sanford/Lake Mary Campus offers programs for students who want to enrich their academic experience and engage in honors activities at Seminole State.
- The Seminole State Planetarium: The Seminole State Planetarium has provided the Central Florida community with a window to the stars and beyond since 1987. As part of the College's Physical Science Department, the planetarium serves students and residents of the Central Florida community.
- The Science Building: The 25,000-square-foot science facility at the Sanford/Lake Mary Campus features fully-equipped wet labs with a state-of-the-art air purification system that enables students to conduct sophisticated chemistry and biology experiments in an industry-compatible environment.
- The Fine and Performing Arts Building: Seminole State's Fine and Performing Arts Building offers top-quality courses and degree programs. The facility is home to the College's Fine Arts Theatre, Concert Hall and Gallery. Art exhibits, concerts and theater performances are free for Seminole State students and employees.