Changing Your Program of Study

Rules Governing the Declaration of a Program of Study

Students admitted to a baccalaureate-credit, other college-credit or vocational-credit program of study at the time of admission may change their program of study in accordance with the following rules:

  1. A student must declare a change of program prior to the first day of the term in which the change will take effect.
  2. At the time of the change of program, the student may not be enrolled in classes for the term in which the change will take effect.

    Helpful hint: Visit an advisor to declare a change of program before the start of early registration. If you wait to change your program of study until after you have registered for classes for the upcoming term, you will have to drop your classes or delay the effective date of the change until the subsequent term.

  3. A returning student may not change his or her declared program of study on or after the first day of the current term, even if the student is not currently enrolled and the add/drop period has not ended.
  4. A student may only have one active program of study during any given term.
  5. A student must be declared in a program of study as of the first day of the term if the student wishes to graduate in that program by the end of said term.
  6. For certain Associate in Science (A.S.) programs, Seminole State College will automatically award college technical certificates earned during the student's progress toward the degree. To review a list of certificate programs and determine whether they are part of your A.S. degree program, visit the Associate in Science (A.S.) degree web page. 
  7. If the college technical certificate you wish to complete is not part of an A.S. degree program, you must declare the certificate program prior to the first day of the term in which you will graduate.
  8. Students who are pursuing an Associate in Arts (A.A.) degree are not automatically awarded any college technical certificates. If no A.S. program is declared, a student must be declared in a college-certificate program in order to graduate with said certificate.
  9. Changes to program of study for financial aid or VA benefit purposes will not be permitted on or after the first day of the current term.

How to Change Your Declared Program of Study

To change your program of study:

  1. Download and print the Student Records Information Change form.
  2. Complete the personal data section at the top of the form.
  3. Bring the form to an advisor at any Seminole State College campus.

Before making any changes to your program of study, you are encouraged to speak with a financial aid representative to determine whether your new program is eligible for financial aid benefits. Finally, please remember to declare your change of program before registering for classes for the upcoming term to ensure a hassle-free transition.


Enrollment Services
Fax: 407.708.2029