Cooperative Education/Internship Services (Procedure 3.0750)
|Based on Board Policy and Florida Statutes:||F.S. 1001.64; 1004.65; College Policy 3.070|
|Date of Review:||---|
The purpose of this procedure is to define the responsibility of the Career Development Center in delivering Cooperative Education/Internship Services.
- The Career Development Center will administratively facilitate cooperative education and internship programs across the curriculum in all disciplines.
- The Career Development Center will collaborate with academic department schedulers to build an academic schedule to meet the cooperative education/internship needs of students across the curriculum.
- The Career Development Center will guide and assist students in finding appropriate co-op/internship assignments through, but not limited to, employability skills training, resume critiques, recruiting and networking events, and job development.
- The Career Development Center will provide permission to students that allows them to register for cooperative education/internship courses after eligibility has been confirmed.
- The Career Development Center will work cooperatively with faculty, associate deans, and program managers to determine appropriate co-op/internship course offerings, faculty advisor assignments, and faculty cooperative education/internship loads. Academic departments must communicate with the Career Development Center regarding any new co-op/internship courses that would be developed or any proposed changes to existing co-op/internship courses.
- The Curriculum Committee will notify the Career Development Center prior to approval of any new co-op/internship courses that are created to ensure consistency and oversight.
- The Career Development Center will establish and maintain a framework and processes to ensure accountability for the cooperative education/internship credits earned by the College’s students.
- The Career Development Center will serve as a liaison between students, faculty, and employers if concerns arise during a cooperative education/internship assignment.
- The Career Development Center will serve as a repository for all official cooperative education/internships records per State retention requirements.
|Recommended by||Executive Staff||Date||06/21/2016|
|Approved||President, E. Ann McGee||Date||07/05/2016|