Administration of Physical Ability Assessments (Procedure 2.0350)
|Based on board policy number and Florida Statute:||Effective Date:|
|F.S. 1001.64; College Policy 1.020; 2.020||02/10|
To describe how physical assessments will be used to determine if a job candidate or current employee meets the minimum physical requirements for a position.
Candidate - An external job applicant or a current employee who is offered a position that requires a pre-employment physical ability assessment.
- The College may require a candidate for an open position and employees who currently hold a specific position to undergo an assessment of their physical ability to perform the essential functions of the job.
- All job postings, when applicable, will include a statement indicating that the selected candidate will be required to undergo a job-related physical ability assessment.
- The physical ability assessment provider will be selected by the College.
- The College will pay the cost of the job-related physical ability assessment.
- The Office of Human Resources will coordinate the physical ability assessment process.
- The Office of Human Resources will extend a job offer to the selected candidate prior to referring the candidate to the provider who will perform the physical ability assessment. Final hire/appointment is contingent upon successful completion of the physical ability assessment.
- Current employees may be referred for a job-related physical ability assessment or reassessment upon their supervisor’s recommendation and subsequent approval by the Office of Human Resources, or upon the recommendation of the Office of Human Resources.
- The provider will send the results of all physical ability assessments directly to the Director of Human Resources, or designee.
- Upon receipt and review of the results of a physical ability assessment, the Office of Human Resources shall determine if the candidate meets the physical requirements of the position and will notify the hiring manager as to whether or not the College will proceed with hiring the candidate.
- If it is determined that the candidate does not possess the physical ability necessary to perform the essential functions of the position, the Office of Human Resources will notify the candidate.
- Each employee’s physical ability assessment record shall be retained in the employee’s own restricted access file in the Human Resources Office. Records for all unsuccessful candidates shall be retained in a general restricted access file maintained by the Human Resources Office. Physical ability assessment records will not be retained in files kept by departments outside of the Office of Human Resources.
|Recommended by||Executive Team||Date||02/10|
|Approved:||President, E.Ann McGee||Date||02/10|