Catalog-in-Effect Determination (Procedure 4.0100)
|Based on Florida Statute and board policy:||F.S. 1001.64; College Policy 1.020|
|Date of Adoption:||05/05|
|Date of Review:||05/09; 08/11; 09/14; 07/16|
|Date of Revision:||10/2014; 09/2016|
The Purpose of this procedure is to provide catalog options that are in effect for a student meeting requirements for graduation or program completion.
- Students are responsible for knowing and meeting, in full, the requirements for graduation or program completion as set forth in the College catalog and any published addendum for the specified catalog term. A Seminole State College catalog is valid for five (5) academic years. The catalog considered "in force" and binding on the student is one of the following:
- The catalog in effect for the term of the student’s initial enrollment, as long as the student has not had a break in enrollment lasting a full academic year or longer. The student must graduate or complete his or her program within five (5) years from the initial term of enrollment.
- The catalog in effect for the term that the student re-enrolls when the student has not attended for one (1) full academic year. The student must graduate or complete his or her program within five (5) years from the initial term of enrollment.
- The catalog in effect for the term in which a student changes or begins a new program. Students will follow the catalog requirements of the term in which the change of program takes effect and must complete the program within five (5) years.
- The catalog in effect for the current term in which the student graduates or completes the program.
- If a student’s catalog in effect has expired, the student’s new governing catalog will be the catalog in effect at the time of the student’s next term of enrollment.
- A student may elect to change to the most recent catalog program requirements at any time after completing required documentation.
- This procedure shall take effect Spring Term 2017. All students enrolled prior to this date may use the catalog under which they originally enrolled or re-enrolled (as explained in paragraph A. above) as long as the catalog is not more than five (5) years old.
- Students enrolled in programs where curriculum is determined by State legislation, rule, licensing and/or accrediting agencies, local advisory committee recommendations, or programs where technological changes have occurred, may be permitted to satisfy the current catalog's graduation requirements except as follows.
- In programs where curriculum is determined by State legislation, rule, licensing and/or accrediting agencies, changes made by those entities may require students to update to a more recent catalog. Under these circumstances, the college reserves the right to update the student's catalog in effect.
- When such changes are required, the Associate dean, or designee, will notify affected students via email.
- The student will then have five (5) years to complete their program.
|Recommended by||Executive Team||Date||09/20/2016|
|Approved||E. Ann McGee||Date||09/27/2016|