Equity Committee (Procedure 1.0900.3)
|Date of Revision:||3/2021|
The purpose of the Equity Committee is to advance the College’s commitment to equity as a strategic priority. The Equity Committee serves as a resource for employees and students as they incorporate diversity, inclusion, and equity into the framework, programs, and culture of the College.
As used in this Procedure, the Committee will focus on:
- Diversity: The College seeks diversity in the most global sense: race, sex, national origin, and other traditional demographics, but also diversity of thought, cultural traditions, and forms of expression.
- Inclusion: The College seeks to create an environment in which all individuals can contribute fully to the culture of success.
- Equity: The College seeks to establish pathways for students and employees that are based on relevant, essential criteria for success.
- Committee Responsibilities
- Operate in accordance with Procedure 1.0900, Standing Institutional Committees.
- Identify the areas of concentration for equity programs, in consultation with IER and based on the Equity Dashboard.
- Develop indicators for success that support the College’s Strategic Plan vision of equitable achievement by 2025.
- Support the College commitment to recruit, screen, hire, and onboard employees with an unbiased and inclusive approach.
- Involve all departments in equity planning using a template that encourages area-specific efforts.
- Facilitate and promote College-wide learning and discussion opportunities to engage employees in equity-related discussions.
Except where membership is defined by position title, members shall serve three-year staggered terms. This is a College-wide committee and, as such, the committee must include at least one member from each campus. Membership on the committee shall consist of the following:
- Two at large faculty members including librarians and counselors
- One faculty member from the School of Arts and Sciences
- One faculty member from the School of Business, Health, and Public Safety
- One faculty member from the School of Construction, Design, Engineering and Information Technology
- Two part-time employees, one of whom must be a faculty member
- One administrator
- Two professional/technical staff members
- Two career service staff members
- Two students
- One member from Human Resources (ex-officio, non-voting)
- Associate Vice-President, Equity and Diversity/Title IX Coordinator (ex-officio, non-voting)
- Selection of Chair
The chair of the committee shall be elected by the voting members of the committee. The elected committee chair should be elected annually in the first meeting of the Fall semester.
- Recommendation Process
The committee chair shall forward the recommendations of the committee through the Associate Vice President, Equity and Diversity/Title IX.
- Meeting Requirements
The committee shall meet at least twice per semester.
|Recommended by:||Executive Team/CAC||Date||3/16/2021|
|Signed by:||President, Georgia L. Lorenz||Date||3/25/2021|
Equity and Diversity/Title IX, 8.20, 8/31. 9/16.20