|Authority:||F.S. 1001.64; 1001.65|
|Date of Review:||04/19|
The Behavioral Intervention Team is committed to promoting safety via a proactive, multidisciplinary, coordinated, and objective approach to the prevention, identification, assessment, intervention, and management of the situations that pose, or may pose a threat to the safety and wellbeing of our campus community.
- Engage in proactive and collaborative approaches to identify, assess, and mitigate risks associated with students exhibiting concerning behaviors, and to assist students in seeking appropriate resources
- Discuss and quantify at-risk student, faculty, and staff behavior, through the utilization of a researched based rubric to better inform interventions and follow-up with the individuals of concern and community.
- Identify risks to the safety, security, and welfare of students and employees.
- Gather data and information, perform a comprehensive analysis of the threat, and collaboratively develop and implement an intervention plan.
- Collaboratively analyze concerning behaviors and apply current college policies in correct succession.
- Provide recommendations to the College concerning the safety, security, and well-being of employees and students.
- Develop proactive strategies that assist students with the mitigation of behaviors associated with mental health challenges.
- Recognize, share, and discuss current behavioral patterns and trends of students, faculty, and staff, that the BIT deems as concerning.
- Provide training, awareness, and education to the campus community on issues pertaining to the safety, and well-being of students, faculty, and staff.
- Provide recommendations to the Executive Team that would benefit the holistic well-being of all members of the college community.
- Topics which the Behavioral Intervention Team will review include but are not limited to the following: psychological cases, conduct cases, alcohol/drug violations, threatening and intimidating behaviors, Title IX and sexual assault cases.
- Membership on this team shall consist of the following:
- Associate Vice President, Equity and Diversity/Title IX Coordinator
- Associate Vice President, School of Arts and Sciences
- Associate Vice President of Student Services
- Director, Advising and Counseling
- Director, Campus Safety and Security
- Director, Disability Support Services
- Director, Employee Engagement
- Manager, Risk Assessment and Compliance
- A Psychology Faculty Member, or a Faculty Counselor
- The Associate Vice President of Student Services will serve as chair.
- The chair shall forward the team’s recommendations to the Vice President of Student Affairs.
- This team shall convene on an as needed basis.
- The members of this team will operate in accordance with all college policies and procedures.
|Recommended by:||Executive Team/CAC||Date||4/16/2019|
|Signed by:||Dr. Georgia L. Lorenz||Date||4/18/2019|