Technology Enhanced Learning Committee (Procedure 1.0900.9)
|Date of Review:||05/09; .8/11; 03/12; 03/17; 3/21|
The purpose of the committee is to consider issues and make recommendations regarding existing and emerging technologies and the implications for teaching and learning.
- Committee Responsibilities
- Assist in defining the campus pedagogical focus and strategies regarding the use of educational technologies to improve teaching and student learning
- Develop an effective and responsive model for providing support to faculty who would like to incorporate educational technology into their teaching
- Explore emerging technologies and assess the usefulness of hardware and software tools to facilitate instruction in all teaching modalities
- Ensure that technology is being used as an enabling force, directly complementing the academic enterprise
- Serve as consultants to the college concerning decisions related to the use of educational technologies and the impact those decisions might have on academic users (faculty, students, staff)
- Facilitate mentoring and professional development opportunities for faculty teaching in distance learning modalities and/or using technology in the traditional classroom
- Make recommendations concerning policies and procedures related to teaching with technology
- Serve as a source of communication across the College regarding concerns and/or interest in educational technologies
- Assist in developing quality improvement and quality assurance strategies for online teaching and learning
- Assist by initiating and assessing support services for on-line learners
- Membership on the committee shall consist of the following:
- Vice President of Academic Affairs (or designee)
- Vice President for Information Technology and Resources (or designee)
- One Librarian
- Dean, eLearning
- Director of FCTL
- Director of Disability Services
- One Dean from Academic Affairs
- One faculty member from Arts & Communications
- One faculty member from Biological Sciences
- One faculty member from English
- One faculty member from Education
- One faculty member from Humanities, History & Modern Languages
- One faculty member from Mathematics
- One faculty member from Physical Science
- One faculty member from Social Science
- One faculty member from the Center for Business, Legal and Entrepreneurship
- One faculty member from the Moore Center for Health Professions
- One faculty member from the Center for Information Technology
- One faculty member from the Center for Public Safety
- One faculty member from the Wharton Smith Center for Construction
- One faculty member from the Center for Architecture & Interior Design
- One faculty member from the Center for Adult and Education or one faculty member from the Center for English Language Studies
- One adjunct faculty member
- One representative from Student Affairs
- One professional staff member (includes professional staff and technical staff)
- One career service staff member
- One student
- The chair of the committee shall be elected from the voting membership.
- The committee chair shall forward the annual self-assessment and recommendations of the committee through the Vice President for Academic Affairs and the Vice President for Information Technology and Resources.
- The committee shall meet on a regular basis, at least two times per academic year. In the absence of a serving chair, the Dean of eLearning shall be responsible for convening the first meeting of the academic year.
- The committee will work in conjunction with the Technology Advisory Committee during the year to ensure collaboration and support of like initiatives.
- The committee shall operate in accordance with Procedure 1.0900.
|Recommended by||Executive Team/CAC||Date||3/16/2021|
|Signed by||President, Georgia L. Lorenz||Date||3/25/2021|