||College Policy 1.020
|Date of Review:
||05/09; 08/11; 03/12; 04/2013; 09/14; 06/15; 03/17
|Date of Revision:
||6/97; 2/07; 01/13; 07/13; 09/14; 06/15; 03/17
The purpose of the Library Committee is to serve as a liaison between the library staff and users of library services. The committee assists the staff in expanding and updating the collections and services for all campus libraries, and promoting the integration of library resources into instruction.
- Committee Responsibilities
- Review procedures and plans of the Library, and support procedures/those that will yield the greatest overall benefit to the educational programs and learning environment of the College;
- Work with the Director in developing Library procedures and plans which meet the needs of faculty, staff, and students;
- Advise and consult with College administration about
- The state of the Library's resources, services and procedures
- The College's commitment to ensure that the Library serves the teaching, research, and public service missions of the college
- Actively monitor campus concerns about college Library resources, policies, procedures, and services.
- Represent SSC's library interests in joint use library initiatives
Except where membership is defined by position title, members shall serve three- year, staggered terms. This is a college-wide committee and, as such, the committee must include at least one member from each campus. Membership on the committee shall consist of the following:
- One Academic Dean or Associate Vice President (AVP)
- Six faculty members representing all campuses/centers (at least one to be a Faculty Senate member)
- One professional staff member (includes professional staff, grades P01-P07, and technical staff, grades T01 – T06)
- One e-Learning technical staff member
- One career service staff member
- One career service staff member from the Library
- AVP, Equity and Diversity/Title IX Coordinator (ex-officio, non-voting member)
- Two students nominated by the Student Government Association (SGA)
- Director, College Libraries (ex-officio, non-voting member)
- Selection of Chair
The chair of the committee shall be selected from the membership, but shall not be the Director, College Libraries.
- Liaison Vice President
The committee chair shall forward the annual self-assessment and recommendations of the committee through the Vice President for Academic Affairs.
- Meeting Requirements
The committee shall meet on a regular basis at least two times per academic year.
- Additional Guidelines
- The committee chair will attend, or send his/her designee, to report at the Faculty Senate meeting
- Minutes of each meeting shall be recorded and posted to the Standing Committee website.
- The committee and members will operate in accordance with Procedure 1.0900 Standing Institutional Committees.
||President E. Ann McGee