Contracts (Procedure 5.0900)
|Based on board policy number and Florida Statute:||Effective Date:|
|SCC Policy 5.090; 1001.64 F.S.||August 1, 1999|
The purpose of this procedure is to provide a process for review and approval of Contracts.
- Any agreement between Seminole State College and another party that obligates each party to either perform services or pay money is a Contract. All Contracts must be in writing and must designate "the District Board of Trustees of Seminole State College" or "Seminole State College" as the party to the Contract. Contracts must be approved by the Vice President for Administration and Business Services and must be signed by either the President (or designee) or the District Board of Trustees. Designations of signature authority from the President must be in writing.
- Any department may initiate an agreement with another party that will result in a Contract, or may receive a proposal from another party that will require a Contract. When a Contract is proposed, the originating department shall conduct a review of the content and purpose of the Contract to evaluate whether the subject of the Contract is consistent with the mission, goals and long range strategic planning of Seminole State College. The review may result in a determination to proceed with the Contract, not to proceed, or to seek additional information about the proposal.
- If the originating department wishes to proceed with a proposed Contract, the initiating party shall complete Section I of the Contract Review Form:
- Describe who the Contract is with, the purpose of the Contract and how it meets the educational mission of Seminole State College, the time frame of the Contract, and the Cost Center involved.
- State the projected revenue and expenses of the Contract. Revenue may be in the form of student fees, or may be payments to the college required by the Contract. Expenses include any instructional costs, supplies and any payments to the other party required by the Contract.
- State whether the Contract will require the commitment of Seminole State College facilities and, if so, what facilities will be needed.
- If a proposed Contract has been provided by the other party, or a Seminole State College form Contract is to be used, a copy of the written document must be attached to the Contract Review Form.
- The Department initiating the Contract shall complete Section II-Reviews by obtaining the signatures of the Cost Center Chairperson, Director/Dean, as applicable, and the Vice President of that area. The signature of each person attests that s/he has reviewed the proposal, concurs that it is appropriate to the mission of Seminole State College, and recommends its implementation.
- The Vice President who has approved the Contract Review Form shall present the Contract Review Form and proposed Contract to the Executive Staff for the approval of the concept. The Executive Staff will make a recommendation to proceed, not to proceed, or request additional information. Upon the recommendation of the Executive Staff to proceed the Contract Review Form and proposed Contract will be forwarded to the Office of Vice President for Administration and Business Services. The Vice President for Administration and Business Services shall review the Contract Review Form and proposed Contract to ensure compliance with bidding and purchasing requirements, financial aspects of proposed contracts, including budget allocations, availability of funds, audit considerations, statutory compliance, and liability and risk management issues.
- Upon approval by the Vice President for Administration and Business Services, each Contract shall be assigned a Contract Number, which shall designate whether the Contract is an expenditure or revenue Contract, the department from which the contract originated and the contract period. The Contract Review Form and attached documentation shall be forwarded to the initiating department for final preparation.
- The originating Department will prepare three (3) original Contracts along with a Board Agenda Transmittal Form to be forwarded to the Office of the Vice President for Administration and Business Services.
- The Office of the Vice President for Administration and Business Services shall obtain the necessary signatures to the Contracts:
- The original Contracts will be sent to the Office of the President for signature as authorized by Seminole State College Policy; or The original Contracts will be submitted to the District Board of Trustees. The Vice President for Administration and Business Services forwards Agenda transmittals for inclusion in the Board meeting agenda. The Contract shall be presented to the District Board of Trustees for approval and signature.
- The originals of fully executed Contracts shall be sent to the Vice President for Administration and Business Services to be kept on file. The Office of the Vice President shall forward a copy of each contract to the originating Department. The Office of Finance and Budget shall maintain a database containing information regarding contracts, including but not limited to, the parties to the contract, contract number, originating department and contract period.
- The originating department shall monitor compliance with the terms and conditions of the contract. The failure of the other party to fulfill its contract obligations or cure any deficiencies after notice and a reasonable period of time shall be reported to the Office of the Vice President for Administration and Business Services.
- The President may authorize exceptions to this procedure.
|Recommended by||Executive Staff||Date||6/99|
|Approved:||President, E.Ann McGee||Date||10/11/99|