Financial Processes-Documentation and Training (Procedure 5.0000)
|Based on board policy number and Florida Statute:||Effective Date:|
|1001.64; 1001.65 F.S., 6A-14072, 6A-14.060(6) FAC, SCC Rule 1.020||3/08|
The purpose of this procedure is to outline the appropriate method of documenting financial processes and training of College staff in positions responsible for key financial services.
- The Office of Finance and Budget will maintain a procedure guide giving detailed instructions on the steps and best practices to ensure compliance with applicable laws, rules, policies, and procedures, sound internal controls, safeguarding of College assets, and consistency in general financial functions. This guide may be maintained electronically or in hard copy and will be made available to all appropriate staff.
- Specific job duties for College personnel with fiscal responsibility will be documented within job descriptions maintained by the Human Resource Department.
- Training related to the Financial Accounting System utilized by the college will be performed by either:
- User Productivity Kits or other online training modules.
- On the job training by personnel within the Office of Finance and Budget.
- College-wide training performed by either internal or external subject matter experts.
|Recommended by||Executive Staff||Date||3/08|
|Approved:||President, E.Ann McGee||Date||3/24/08|