Physical Plant Inspections and Safety Assessment (Procedure 6.0600)
|Based on Board Policy and Florida Statutes:||F.S. 1013.11; 1013.12; College Policy 6.060|
|Date of Review:||---|
The purpose of this procedure is to ensure that the College meets the requirements of federal, state, and local laws, and the State Requirements for Educational Facilities (SREF) guidelines, in order to provide for the lifesafety of occupants and the maintenance and sanitation of College facilities.
- Safety Assessment
- The College shall conduct an annual assessment of physical plant safety and shall incorporate into a report assessment findings and recommendations for the improvement of safety on each campus.
- The report shall be presented to the Board annually.
- All College facilities shall be inspected at least once during each fiscal year to determine compliance with standards of sanitation and casualty safety established by State Law or Administrative Rule.
- Fire safety inspections shall be made annually of all College facilities by persons certified by the Division of State Fire Marshal to be eligible to conduct fire safety inspections in public educational and ancillary plants. Each fire safety inspection report shall contain a plan of action and schedule for the correction of each deficiency.
- Any immediate life-threatening deficiencies noted in an inspection shall be immediately reported to the Director of Facilities. The Director of Facilities shall take action to promptly correct the deficiencies or, if that is impractical, shall notify Executive Management of the need to withdraw the facility from use.
|Recommended by||Executive Team||Date||03/2015|
|Approved:||President, E. Ann McGee||Date||03/2015|