|Based on Board Policy and Florida Statutes:||F.S. 1001.64; FAC 6A-14.0247; College Policy 6.021|
|Date of Review:||---|
Seminole State College strives to promote the health and wellness of its students and employees, as well as a safe, comfortable environment for all who work, study, conduct business or visit the College. The use, sale, or distribution of tobacco of any kind is prohibited on all properties, facilities, roadways and parking lots owned, operated, leased and/or controlled by the College. This includes the inside of personal vehicles while on College property. The purpose of this procedure is to describe the activities undertaken to assist and support students and employees who want to stop using tobacco products, as well as to explain the College’s expectations regarding compliance and reporting violations of College Policy 6.021.
- Awareness and Compliance
- All students, employees, vendors, contractors and other visitors to the College are expected to adhere to the Tobacco Free College policy.
- The Tobacco Free College policy, this procedure and related information shall be available on the College website and at the College Wellness Center and other locations, as appropriate.
- The Tobacco Free College policy will be included in student and employee publications, as appropriate.
- Signage stating that Seminole State is a “Tobacco Free College” shall be prominently displayed at properties, facilities and roadways owned, operated, leased and/or controlled by the College.
- Students and employees who observe someone who is not in compliance with the policy are encouraged to increase awareness by explaining the College’s policy and asking the tobacco user to comply.
- Education and Cessation
- Information regarding cessation programs and cessation aids is available to employees and students through the College Wellness Center and the College website.
- Violations and Consequences
- Reports of student violations should be made to the Student Code of Conduct Officer on the campus where the violation occurred. The Student Code of Conduct Officer may refer the student to the College Wellness Center for assistance and/or may determine that the student’s behavior is in violation of the Student Code of Conduct Procedure (3.0900) and administer a disciplinary sanction.
- Reports of employee violations should be made to the employee’s supervisor or the Office of Human Resources. The employee’s supervisor or the Office of Human Resources may refer the employee to the College Wellness Center for assistance and/or may determine that the employee should be subject to corrective action through the Employee Discipline Procedure (2.1900.)
- Reports of visitor or contractor/vendor violations should be made to the Office of Safety and Security. Those who do not comply with the Tobacco Free College policy may be denied access to College property.
|Recommended by||Executive Team||Date||8/2013|
|Approved:||President, E. Ann McGee||Date||8/2013|