Compensation of Non-Faculty Employees Receiving Advanced Education - Policy 2.131
|Authority:||F.S. 1001.64, 1001.65|
|Date of Review:||06/16|
|Date of Revision:||11/16|
- Seminole State College values knowledge and encourages employees to pursue advanced education. An incentive increase in base salary will be paid to full-time, non-faculty employees who acquire advanced education while employed at Seminole State College.
- For the purposes of this Policy, advanced education is defined as an associate degree or 60 credits matriculated toward a specified bachelor's degree; bachelor's degree; master's degree; or doctoral degree that is:
- higher than the degree/diploma currently held by the employee, and exceeding the minimum requirements of the position, and
- conferred upon the employee during the course of the person’s employment at the College, and
- conferred by a regionally/nationally accredited institution recognized in the most recent publication of the Higher Education Directory or the current year’s Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA) Directory of Recognized Organizations, and
- related to the business of the College.
- The President shall cause procedures to be developed to implement this Policy.
Any other College rule(s) which reference(s) the rule noticed herein shall be interpreted and enforced consistent with the new / revised rule upon its final adoption (unless otherwise indicated in the referencing rule(s)).