||F.S. 1001.64; 41 U.S.C. Sec. 702
||7/89 Rev. 7/92, 12/04, 05/09
The College is committed to providing a drug free environment for all its employees. Therefore, College employees are prohibited from engaging in the unlawful manufacture, distribution, dispensing, possession or use of controlled substances in the workplace. Employees who violate the provisions of the rule are subject to disciplinary action up to and including dismissal. All such disciplinary action may be appealed through the provisions of the College Grievance Procedures. The College shall take the following measures to assure compliance with the Federal Drug Free Workplace Act of 1988:
- Provide a copy of the SCC Rule to each employee;
- Establish a drug-free awareness program to inform employees about:
- The dangers of drug abuse in the workplace;
- The College policy of maintaining a drug free workplace;
- Any available drug counseling, rehabilitation and employee assistance programs; and,
- The penalties that may be imposed upon employees for drug abuse violations occurring in the workplace.
- The College shall require any employee convicted of a criminal drug Statute occurring in the workplace to notify the College of the conviction within five (5) days following the conviction.
- The College shall notify the appropriate Federal Grant Agency within ten (10) days of receiving notification from an employee.
- Within thirty (30) days of receiving an employee notification of violation the College shall:
- Review the circumstances of the case and terminate the employee, or
- Continue the employment relationship under the condition that the employee, at employee cost, satisfactorily participate in a drug assistance or rehabilitation program approved for such purposes by the Federal, State or local health, law enforcement, or other appropriate agency.