Academic Recognition and Graduation Honors (Policy 4.050)
|Authority:||F.S. 1001.64; 1004.65; FAC 6A-14.060|
|Date of Revision(s):||7/92, 7/02, 12/04, 6/06, 05/09; 11/2019|
- It is the policy of the Board that superior academic achievement be recognized. A College credit student enrolled in six (6) or more credit hours and a Career Certificate student enrolled in 180 contact hours (6 credit hours) will be eligible for the President's and Dean's Honors list.
The following criteria shall apply:
- A student making a grade point average of 3.75 or above will be placed on the President's List for a period of one (1) term.
- A student making a grade point average of 3.25 to 3.74 inclusive will be placed on the Dean's List for that term.
- College Credit and Career Certificate students are eligible to be considered for graduation Honors if they have been in attendance at the College for at least two terms. The appropriate Honors are recorded on students' diplomas and their names are so identified on the graduation program. The Honors are based on scholastic achievement at all colleges and universities attended as follows:
Grade Point Average (GPA) Honor 3.2 - 3.49 grade point average Cum Laude 3.5 - 3.79 grade point average Magna Cum Laude 3.8 - 4.0 grade point average Summa Cum Laude
- College Credit students who have earned at least twenty (20) hours in Honors courses and have a 3.0 GPA will receive an Honors Diploma and be recognized at graduation.
- The Advanced STEM Certificate is awarded to those who complete the required courses with a minimum GPA of 3.2.
- Recognition by President or designee of official College Approved Honor Society(s) shall be posted to the student's transcript at the time of graduation.