College Readiness (Policy 4.023)
|Authority:||F.S. 1001.64, 1004.93, 1008.30; F.A.C. 6A-10.0315|
|Date of Review:||---|
- The College shall ensure that Students demonstrate mastery of developmental education competencies (as defined in State Board Rule) indicating readiness for college level coursework.
- First Time In College (FTIC) students and students who have not met college level competency requirements will be properly placed either into college level academic work or in developmental education courses in the areas of Reading, Writing and Mathematics.
- Credit awarded for college preparatory/developmental education instruction may not be counted toward fulfilling the number of credits required for a degree.
- The College shall establish an institutional plan for assessing the mastery of developmental education competencies in compliance with Florida law.
- The President shall cause procedures to be developed to implement this policy.