Occupational Exposure to Bloodborne Pathogens (Policy 6.061)
|Authority:||F.S. 1001.64; OSHA Rule 29, CFR 1910, 1030 Subpart Z|
|Effective Date:||9/94; Rev. 12/04; 05/2014|
|Date of Review:||05/09; 08/11; 05/2014|
- The College protects employees whose occupational tasks put them at risk of exposure to blood or other potentially infectious materials. The following will be provided to employees who are routinely exposed to blood, body fluids, or body tissue.
- Occupational exposure orientation within 10 working days of initial employment.
- Annual training programs for employees who have occupational exposure to blood or potentially infectious material.
- Training for employees whose jobs are changed to include tasks which put them at risk of exposure.
- Vaccination series and post-exposure evaluation at no cost to the employee.
- Personal Protection Equipment (PPE).
- The President is authorized to establish procedures to implement this policy.