||F.S. 1001.64; 1004.65; 1013.40; 1013.45; 1013.48; FAC 6A-2.0010
||7/82; Rev. 7/92; 6/02; 12/04; 05/09; 05/2013
|Date of Review:
||05/09; 08/11; 04/13
It is the policy of the Board that the College shall administer construction projects in accordance with law, rules, regulations and related local requirements.
- The President or designee shall establish procedures to ensure that construction projects are implemented in a manner consistent with the educational program of the College.
- Board approval shall be required for relevant facility-related documents that may include, but are not limited to a facility master plan, educational plant survey, professional service contracts, bid documents and recommendations, reports for completion, inspection, occupancy and other construction related documents.
- The Board authorizes the President or designee to approve Change Orders up to Category II of F.S. 287.017 per Change Order between Board meetings. Any such action shall be reported to the Board for ratification at the next regularly scheduled meeting.
- Payment to Contractors shall be in accordance with Board-approved documents less any retainage.
- A construction project approved by the Board shall be formally accepted by the Board on completion before the retainage is released and final payment is made. The President or designee shall be responsible for determining that all obligations have been met and all appropriate inspections have been made in accordance with the provisions of the State Board of Education Rules. At its discretion, the Board may decline to release all or part of the retainage if any unreasonable amount of time lapses in resolving disputed items required for completion of the project.