Alcoholic Beverages at College Facilities (Policy 6.011)
|Authority:||F.S. 1001.64; FAC 6A-14.0261|
|Date Adopted:||2/08; Rev 05/09, 02/2013|
|Date of Review:||08/11; 01/13|
It is the policy of the Board that alcoholic beverages at College facilities shall be prohibited, except that the President is authorized to grant approval for alcoholic beverages at College facilities for individual events, consistent with the following restrictions and guidelines:
- Requests for alcoholic beverages at College facilities shall be submitted to the President in writing and shall be granted or denied by the President in writing, including written restrictions and guidelines for each event.
- Any person or organization requesting approval to have alcoholic beverages at a College facility must provide the College with alcohol liability insurance coverage in an amount not less than one million dollars ($1,000,000) naming the College as additional insured or payment in advance by the user of the insurance charge covering the College for alcohol liability shall be assessed against the facilities user as part of the facilities use charge.
- Any person or organization requesting approval for alcoholic beverages at College facilities shall assume all responsibility for compliance with any applicable State of Florida Division of Alcoholic Beverages and Tobacco licensing requirements.
- Any person or organization requesting approval for alcoholic beverages at College facilities shall enter into a written agreement that shall indemnify and hold the College harmless against any and all claims and expenses that may arise from the use of alcoholic beverages at the College facility.
- The President shall cause a procedure to be developed for the implementation of this policy and all documentation germane thereto.