Facility Use by Outside Entities (Policy 6.010)
|Authority:||F.S. 1001.64; 1004.65|
|Date Adopted:||7/82; Rev. 5/99, 12/04; 10/2013|
|Date of Review:||05/09; 08/11; 03/12|
- The President or designee may authorize the use of College facilities, which includes buildings, property, and services by outside entities. In addition, the President or designee may authorize specific site personnel to approve use of College facilities in accordance with College policies and procedures. Alcoholic beverages shall be prohibited at College facilities except when the President grants approval of the use of alcoholic beverages for individual events consistent with College Policy 6.011 Alcoholic Beverages at College Facilities.
- Use of facilities by persons, entities, or organizations of whatever description must be pursuant to law, College policy, and be consistent with the mission of the College.
- Rental, usage, and service fees as prescribed by College procedure, with consideration to market rates, may be assessed. The President or designee may waive or adjust rental and usage fees.
- Limitations on Use of Facilities
- The use of facilities shall not conflict or interfere with the College’s mission.
- College facilities shall not be used for purposes that impair or interfere with the orderly processes and functions of the College.
- Facilities may not be used for purposes which pose a threat to the safety of those on College property or which are otherwise contrary to law or College policy.
- Facilities shall not be used for any purpose other than that for which they were designed.
- The President shall cause procedures to be developed to implement the policy contained herein.