Red Flag Identity Theft Prevention Program (Policy 1.260)
|Authority:||F.S. 1001.64; FACT Act of 2003|
|Date Adopted:||05/09; 04/2013|
|Date of Review:||08/11, 01/13|
- The College establishes an Identity Theft Prevention Program to detect, prevent and mitigate identity theft. The Program shall include reasonable steps to:
- Identify relevant red flags for covered accounts the College offers or maintains and incorporate those red flags into the program;
- Detect red flags that have been incorporated in the Program;
- Respond appropriately to any red flags that are detected to prevent and mitigate identity theft; and
- Ensure that the Program is updated periodically to reflect changes in risks to customers and to the safety and soundness of the College from identity theft.
- The President shall cause a procedure to be developed to implement this policy.