Intercollegiate Athletics (Policy 1.180)
|F.S. 1001.64; FAC 6A-14.058
|2/02; Rev. 12/04, 4/10, 02/2013
|Date of Review:
|05/09; 08/11; 01/13; 8/23
It is the policy of the Board to establish an Athletics Program at the College in order to provide a learning-centered environment that complements each student-athlete's academic program of study. It is the goal of the Athletics Department to improve the academic skills of each student-athlete, foster the development and refinement of athletic skills, and teach sportsmanship and teamwork. The academic success, physical and emotional well-being, and the social development of student-athletes are of primary importance to the Athletics Program.
- The President is authorized to establish the Athletics Program to implement this policy. The Vice President for Student Affairs or designee shall have primary responsibility for the administration of the Athletics Program. The Director, Intercollegiate Athletics, under the direction of the Vice President for Student Affairs or designee, shall be responsible for the day-to-day conduct of the Athletics Program.
- The administration of all fiscal matters pertaining to the Athletics Program shall be in accordance with procedures established by the Office of Finance and Budget. The Office of Finance and Budget shall account for all revenue, from whatever source derived and of whatever kind, and all expenditures, for the Athletics Program. All funds received by the Athletics Program must be deposited intact, in the form received, with the Office of Finance and Budget.
- Any activity by outside groups, including alumni organizations and the College Foundation that involves the receipt or expenditure of funds on behalf of the Athletics Program must be approved by the Vice President for Student Affairs or designee. All such groups shall be required to submit independent audits of financial activity related to the Athletics Program.
- The President shall establish procedures and assign responsibility to govern the recruitment, admission, administration of grants-in-aid, student employment, and continuing eligibility of athletes.
- Student athletes shall be subject to the same admission and financial aid policies, academic policies and standards, and the fulfillment of curriculum requirements as other students.