Purpose of Seminole State College (Policy 1.030)
|Date Adopted:||7/82; Rev. 7/92, 1/98, 3/99, 9/09, 3/10, 10/12|
|Date of Review:||05/09; 08/11|
The mission of the College is to serve the community by providing a learning-centered, high-quality educational institution that anticipates and meets the needs of the community by providing a comprehensive range of programs and services.
The College promises:
- Exemplary and highly motivated faculty, administrators, and staff who foster a caring and professional relationship with students and the community.
- An excellent academic curriculum that provides the first two years of university studies and selected bachelor degree programs.
- State-of-the-art career and technical programs that lead directly to employment or career advancement.
- Cutting-edge continuing education programs that offer opportunities for advancement or re-certification.
- Personalized adult education programs that help students learn and strengthen basic academic skills and earn a high school diploma.
- Innovative student development services that support the learning and teaching processes and promote student success.
- Dynamic business, industry, and educational partnerships that enhance the region’s economic development and vitality.
- Leisure and personal development programs which contribute to the enrichment of the community.
- A distinctive cultural center that provides diverse professional and academic courses, programs, and events.