Copyright Information and Resources
Below is a selective list of copyright and fair use resources that are both current and credible.
- United States Copyright Office: The most authoritative and comprehensive source on copyright laws, news and registration. Includes a searchable database of copyrighted works.
- Copyright and Fair Use: Stanford University's detailed guide on copyright including frequently asked questions, fair use and public domain, as well as academic and educational permissions for copyrighted works.
- Common Copyright Myths: Clears up many misconceptions about copyright in a question-and-answer format.
- American Library Association on Copyright: Excellent resource for copyright tools, articles, legislation and course cases related to libraries.
- Information on Fair Use: Provided by the U.S. Copyright Office, this authoritative page covers the four factors for evaluating fair use based on Section 107 of the 1976 Copyright Act.
- Fair Use in Education and Research: From Columbia University, this site provides a definition of fair use and includes a helpful "practical applications" for section.