Access and Borrowing
Articles and Databases
To access articles through the library databases visit the Library Databases list. Before performing a search, you will be prompted to log in - use your Canvas login name followed by @seminolestate.edu (*omit "live" from your email address) and your Canvas password.
- Instructions on finding database articles can be found in the Find Articles guide.
- If our libraries don't have access to specific article(s) that you need, please submit a request through the Interlibrary Loan (ILL) service.
- If you need research assistance, chat with us, make an appointment, or email us at email@example.com.
Books and eBooks
Seminole State currently has more than 90,000 print books on four campuses, and nearly 40,000 eBooks available online. Books and eBooks are selected for the library collection according to the collection development guidelines.
- Search for books and ebooks in the library catalog.
- For instructions on searching, visit the Find Books & Media guide.
To view eBooks, log in using your Canvas login name followed by @seminolestate.edu (*omit "live" from your email address) and your Canvas password.
To put a hold on physical books for pick-up, click on the "Request" link in the item record in the library catalog. Log in using your MySeminole State username as borrower ID and the last four of your social security number as PIN.
- You will be notified by email when your book(s) are available for pick-up at your selected campus.
- You may check out up to 25 print circulating books for 30 days. If there are no holds on a book, you may renew a book twice in-person by contacting the library or online through your library account. Books in the reference section cannot leave the library without the permission of a librarian.
- If you need help locating a book, email our librarians at firstname.lastname@example.org. If our libraries don't have access to the book, please submit a request through the Interlibrary Loan (ILL) service.
Physical music CDs, DVDs and audiobooks are currently unavailable due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
To access streaming media, you can search through the library catalog or visit a specific database or website. Databases with media include:
- Films on Demand
- Swank Motion Pictures
- History Reference Center
- Business Source Complete
- Gale Academic OneFile
- Gale Health and Wellness
Equipment is currently available for loan; please refer to the Tech from the Library Guide for up-to-date inventory and terms.
Physical materials on reserve are currently unavailable due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Visitors, Alumni and Retirees
Campus libraries are open to visitors, alumni and retirees via reservation.
Currently enrolled UCF students have full access and borrowing privileges at Seminole State. In addition, Seminole State students have privileges at UCF libraries. For a full list of library services, review Seminole State College/UCF Joint-Use Library Services on the UCF website.
Library Fines and Fees
Library materials do not accrue overdue fines. Any library materials that are lost or damaged will incur a fee for the replacement cost of the material plus a $10 processing fee.
Fines and fees can be paid at one of the Seminole State Cashiering Services offices.