HR Hiring Process
To view and/or apply for jobs at Seminole State College, select one of the position categories listed above. On the position announcement page click the "Apply Now" button to apply for a specific position. Here are a few important details:
- Your application and any required supporting documents must be received online on or before the closing date in order to be eligible for review by the search committee. Applications received after the closing date might not be eligible for consideration. Any exceptions to this procedure will be noted on the position announcements.
- Applications for part-time instructional (adjunct faculty) positions are accepted on a continuous basis and remain active for eight (8) months. Applications for pool positions are accepted on a continuous basis and active for three (3) months.
- Seminole State conducts pre-employment background checks on all candidates who are recommended for hire. Employment is contingent upon the results of the background check.
- Holders of Degrees from institutions Outside of the USA: Individuals who have completed college or university course work at an institution in a country other than the United States are required to obtain a complete evaluation of foreign transcripts and degrees. Foreign transcripts should be evaluated by one of the organizations approved by the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services.
- Guidelines for HB 699 and SB 156 Veteran/Public Employment Preference effective July 1, 2007:
- Preference eligibility no longer expires upon appointment of the eligible person to a position with the state or any political subdivision in the state.
- Persons who were previously ineligible for preference because they held or are currently holding a job with a public employer are now eligible to use their Veterans' Preference again with all employers covered by law.
- Persons who were previously ineligible for preference because they did not serve during an eligible wartime period may now be eligible for Veterans' Preference if they served during Operation Enduring Freedom (beginning October 7, 2001 - present) or Operation Iraqi Freedom (beginning March 19, 2003 - present).