Florida Firesafety Inspector I Certification
The Florida Firesafety Inspector I program is designed to provide students with the minimum education requirements to be eligible to take the Florida Firesafety Inspector I certification test as established by the Florida Bureau of Fire Standards and Training. This program consist of five 45-hour classes that cover topics such as fire inspection practices, private fire protection systems, fire codes and standards, building construction, and construction documents and plan reviews.
- FFP 1505: Fire Inspection Practices (Online)
- FFP 1540: Private Fire Protection Systems 1 (Online)
- FFP 2120: Building Construction for the Fire Service (Online)
- FFP 1510: Fire Protection Codes and Standards (Online)
- *FFP 2521: Construction Documents and Plans Review (Online)
*A student can enter the program during any semester, but the final course, FFP 2521: Construction Documents and Plans Review, has a prerequisite of either FFP 1505: Fire Prevention Practices or FFP 2120: Building Construction for the Fire Service.
Students who complete these courses and wish to take the state test must submit a State Inspector application, personal injury waiver, and fingerprints to the Bureau of Fire Standards and Training. For more information, download the Bureau of Fire Standards and Training's requirements handout.